I got lucky

Crazywb23

Today while on my way to the in-laws I came upon some slow ass traffic 55 in a 65 on the freeway (2 lanes btw)... So I grab 2 gears and weave and split thru about 5 cars with a harley glide right on my tail oh at about 95mph. got in the clear and smoked the harley. Make my exit, get about a mile up and pulled over by the highway patrol right in front of my destination. :mad:

He says to me "Its not illegal to split lanes, but it is illegal to speed while splitting lanes". Wrote me a warning for 70+ in a 65, and fix-it ticket for my address not current, knowing full well I was going way faster but having no proof of speed. No radar or pace... :nana:

Then I got to thinkin :wtf:!!! What about the douche on the harley????

FZ8.UK

Yep. you were lucky to get away with no more than a speeding fine,

I recall doing the splitting gig over here when the there was a pile up on the motorway long long delays, but not for a two wheeler,

was travelling at a reasonable splitting speed, i was suprised at how many car drivers were pissed at us bikers and clossed the gap between them and the car in the next lane, if i have split lanes at speed i may not be typing now,,

ride safe peeps,

packnrat

Today while on my way to the in-laws I came upon some slow ass traffic 55 in a 65 on the freeway (2 lanes btw)... So I grab 2 gears and weave and split thru about 5 cars with a harley glide right on my tail oh at about 95mph. got in the clear and smoked the harley. Make my exit, get about a mile up and pulled over by the highway patrol right in front of my destination. :mad:

He says to me "Its not illegal to split lanes, but it is illegal to speed while splitting lanes". Wrote me a warning for 70+ in a 65, and fix-it ticket for my address not current, knowing full well I was going way faster but having no proof of speed. No radar or pace... :nana:

Then I got to thinkin :wtf:!!! What about the douche on the harley????

probably took pity on the hardly rider.