homemade fork spring compressor

slowkey

If you are going to do a fork spring swap you'll need to have this tool. Now you can either buy it (prices vary from $50 to $180) or make it yourself.

You will use this tool to hook into the spacer that is between the top nut and spring. This will allow you to compress the spring to access the lock nut that releases the top nut.

I made this tool out of the following:

A piece of PVC pipe and a couple of bolts and nuts. I also used a couple of ratchet straps to help hold the tool in place when under pressure.

So here are a couple pics of the tool I made. It isn't pretty but it got the job done.

waypoint

mod squad
If you are going to do a fork spring swap you'll need to have this tool. Now you can either buy it (prices vary from $50 to $180) or make it yourself.

You will use this tool to hook into the spacer that is between the top nut and spring. This will allow you to compress the spring to access the lock nut that releases the top nut.

I made this tool out of the following:

A piece of PVC pipe and a couple of bolts and nuts. I also used a couple of ratchet straps to help hold the tool in place when under pressure.

So here are a couple pics of the tool I made. It isn't pretty but it got the job done.

:wav: :woot: Never was an emoticon fan until this forum. Many thanks for the pics and ingenuity!!