Hi from Sydney

Brocky

Hi all!

I've just discovered this forum today and glad I did!

I bought my blue FZ8S new in June 2012 after not owning (or riding) a bike since I sold my 1994 XJ600 Seca II in 2002! Previous to that I learnt on an old 1980 Z200!

Bike is only just broken in with 1600km as couldn't ride as much as wanted to since buying it. Still got my "training wheels" on getting use the bigger bike plus learning to ride again!

I have only seen one other FZ8S(Black) on the road in Sydney, but have seen a few FZ8N's. Picked this model as like the upright riding position and not a big fan of the naked bikes.

Plan to upgrade the quiet stocky exhaust. Got some Hot Grips for xmas which will be added soon. Only thing I've done is added a matching FZ8S blue number plate! Planning on doing an advanced riding course within the next month or two.

Cheers
Brocky
(Anthony)

C

Camo

G'day Anthony, welcome back to bikes and welcome to the forum.
Always great to see more Aussies on 8's and even better to see a fellow new south welshmen ;)

B

bren

Hey Mate! Welcome aboard! Plenty of useful info and top blokes on this site.

Where in Sydney are you? Im in the campbelltown area, work at Parramatta.

Brocky

Hi Bren, yeah thats how I found this site when looking for some info about wiring up my new Hot Grips.

I'm live in Wentworthville and work in Castle Hill

Maybe have to organise a ride sometime as don't have man riding mates. Are many local rides organised through here?

B

bren

oh and did you NSW guys know we dont need to display rego labels anymore?

One less thing hanging off my bike!

F

Fazed

Hi Bren, yeah thats how I found this site when looking for some info about wiring up my new Hot Grips.

Maybe have to organise a ride sometime as don't have man riding mates. Are many local rides organised through here?

I didn't do a How to when I fitted my heated grips. They were pretty easy. If you have any questions just PM me.

Welcome to the forum.

Brocky

I didn't do a How to when I fitted my heated grips. They were pretty easy. If you have any questions just PM me.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Neil, I'm sure I can do it, just hesitant as it's only 6months old and don't wanna void any warranty.

Wouldn't also mind modifying the headlights so both are on low beam as shown how to do in another thread.

C

Camo

I'm always keen for a ride. Would be great to put faces to names and ride with other 8's sometime. I'm thinking of riding the Putty rd this Sunday if anyone wanted to meet up somewhere? Might have some other guys off another forum keen as well.
Bren, I took my rego label off before my track day in November and had forgotten to put it back on until I was reminded we didn't need them a week ago lol

F

Fazed

Thanks Neil, I'm sure I can do it, just hesitant as it's only 6months old and don't wanna void any warranty.

Wouldn't also mind modifying the headlights so both are on low beam as shown how to do in another thread.

I don't know what brand you got but the one I got wires straight up to the battery and does not interfere with the standard wiring. There shouldn't be any warranty issues.

Brocky

I don't know what brand you got but the one I got wires straight up to the battery and does not interfere with the standard wiring. There shouldn't be any warranty issues.

I got the Oxford Hot Grips. The wiring diagram says to go staright off the battery. I read other sites suggesting to add a relay otherwise battery will go flat in 3 weeks. Also don't like the idea of some smartarse teenager turning them on when i'm parked!

Brocky

I'm always keen for a ride. Would be great to put faces to names and ride with other 8's sometime. I'm thinking of riding the Putty rd this Sunday if anyone wanted to meet up somewhere? Might have some other guys off another forum keen as well.
Bren, I took my rego label off before my track day in November and had forgotten to put it back on until I was reminded we didn't need them a week ago lol

That is tempting, but not sure if I'm up for the putty yet! I know this sounds sad but only taken my bike for one "ride"! That was to road warriors cafe @ Mt White a few months ago. Only been using the bike for a 30km return commute to work! Working full time and small business on the side I don't have a lot of spare time!

C

Camo

That is tempting, but not sure if I'm up for the putty yet! I know this sounds sad but only taken my bike for one "ride"! That was to road warriors cafe @ Mt White a few months ago. Only been using the bike for a 30km return commute to work! Working full time and small business on the side I don't have a lot of spare time!

It's all good. If you're ever looking for someone to ride the old road with, just give me a holla. I'm down there quiet a bit....actually just about to gear up and head down there now lol. Weather is just to good not to ride:D