Hi from Sydney

Brocky

It's all good. If you're ever looking for someone to ride the old road with, just give me a holla. I'm down there quiet a bit....actually just about to gear up and head down there now lol. Weather is just to good not to ride:D

No worries, only prob is that you're on the other side of the old road :rolleyes:

Yeah perfect weather whilst i'm stuck at work and my bike sits outside :(

C

Camo

I'm at your end now ;) pie in the sky for lunch then over to Wollombi and back home... Magic day!

F

Fazed

I got the Oxford Hot Grips. The wiring diagram says to go staright off the battery. I read other sites suggesting to add a relay otherwise battery will go flat in 3 weeks. Also don't like the idea of some smartarse teenager turning them on when i'm parked!

You do need to remember that they are on though when you switch off. I have left them on for the whole time I was at work, the grips had switched them selves off due to low voltage and I had just enough in the battery to start it, but probally only had the one chance to get it going. It hasn't gone flat just due to having them connected straight to the battery. I've been meaning to add a relay in so it comes off with the ignition I have moved to Darwin it'll be a fair while until I use them again so I might not bother.

I had to mount the controller on the throttle side and not the clutch side because the clutch bracket uses only one bolt. You will see when you install them.

Brocky

You do need to remember that they are on though when you switch off. I have left them on for the whole time I was at work, the grips had switched them selves off due to low voltage and I had just enough in the battery to start it, but probally only had the one chance to get it going. It hasn't gone flat just due to having them connected straight to the battery. I've been meaning to add a relay in so it comes off with the ignition I have moved to Darwin it'll be a fair while until I use them again so I might not bother.

I had to mount the controller on the throttle side and not the clutch side because the clutch bracket uses only one bolt. You will see when you install them.

I had read in a different forum that it can still drain the battery if not used for 3 weeks or so and they recommended a relay - which really makes more sense.

F

Fazed

I had read in a different forum that it can still drain the battery if not used for 3 weeks or so and they recommended a relay - which really makes more sense.

Nah, I had mine connected when the bike was transported. It took around 3 and a bit weeks and the battery was fine. I would recommend the relay just to prevent forgetfulness and the fiddlers from draining it.

If your going to do it, do it at the same time as you do the dual headlight mod as you can use the same electrical feed for the relay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brocky

Hey Brocky

I think I own the other Blue FZ8S in NSW :D

:welcome:

Are they that rare?!

I love the look and think the Blue looks awesome. Plus my matching blue FZ85 plates really suit - looks better without that daggy rego sticker!

W

WARPTH

The blue is nice, sometimes I wish I got that colour.

Buyers color remorse isnt that uncommon. I sometimes wish i got the white. But only when i see pictures of camo's bike.

Brocky

FZ8.UK

Hi

Maybe we could set up a colour swap/exchange thing,,, there are not that many parts coloured, tank seat, fairing,