Helmet, Jacket, and Glasses review

FZER

Avid Rider
Icon Alliance HI-VIZ yellow green helmet wt mirrored shield purchased at my local Yamaha dealership $25 cheaper than any webpage.

Very pleasantly surprised. I bought it after playing basketball with my Aria Profile from about 8ft. It matched the Icon Contra Mil-Spec jacket that I have had my eye on for a pretty long time, so I said what the heck I’ll give it a try. First opinion I nearly didn’t buy it, it is made for someone who’s head changes shape or something. I’ll explain. I have no problems at all putting it on, but when I try to get it off it almost pulls my eye brows off. I first tried a large and once it was on it was too loose, but it also did the eyebrow thing. I stepped down to the medium and it fit a whole lot better still did the eyebrow thing to about the same degree. Once on it didn’t feel quite as form fitting as the Aria, but I think the difference there is the space available for helmet speakers which the Aria really didn’t have. If you pick the right Aria for your head shape it’s like wearing a brand new pair of shoes. I just really didn’t have Arai money to spend honestly. Air flow in the Icon is awesome, much better than the Aria that I had, but that makes it louder than the Aria too. However, anytime I’m going anywhere that is going to take more than 15 minutes or so I wear ear plugs, so problem solved there. Plus, I’ve read were Aria has made very good improvements with their latest helmets. The field of view is the BEST I’VE EVER HAD! Absolutely no part of the helmet seems to be in my field of view. I put the mirrored shield on it and it’s ok, could be a little darker, but that’s what sunglasses are for and the helmet has an area to slide sunglasses on with straight ear frames. So the verdict, the eyebrow thing has gotten better with wear, I’m still getting use to the empty spaces inside the helmet, but for the price man it would be hard to beat.

Contra mil-spec Bright Yellow Green also purchased at my local Yamaha shop about $20 cheaper too

I really like it! Robins Air Force Base friendly and it in combo with my helmet might have saved my life today from an idiot kid that ran a stop sign in front of me, but then slammed on the breaks when he looked back my way. I most likely would have been able to stop and not hit him, but when he looked my way he stopped. I followed him to his house and his Mom took his keys from him for two weeks and he has to ride the bus to school too. Only thing I would improve is some sort of tie or Velcro around the fore arm area to secure the elbow pads in place in case of a slide on the road.

WrapAround Sunglasses Transitional Large Frame Night Vision Yellow EYS9906ExpYellow Purchased from Jafrum.com

Really Really neat I guess is the word. The night vison is great and they transition during the day to yellow tinted sunglasses. Fit is perfect! I can flip my helmet up and nearly zero wind hits my eyes as high as 60mph. They will be great for yard work too. Most likely I’ll leave my mirrored visor on my helmet and at night ride with the visor up. They aren’t dark please don’t miss understand me there. If you are planning on getting them please understand that. During the day it’s just like going from standard definition to HD except a little tinted really really cool.

V

Vapordan

...an idiot kid that ran a stop sign in front of me, but then slammed on the breaks when he looked back my way. I most likely would have been able to stop and not hit him, but when he looked my way he stopped. I followed him to his house and his Mom took his keys from him for two weeks and he has to ride the bus to school too. Only thing I would improve is some sort of tie or Velcro around the fore arm area to secure the elbow pads in place in case of a slide on the road.

I'm really really glad you did that. Proud of you. It's a hard lesson for the kid but it's better than the flip side of the coin.

FZER

Avid Rider
I've got to knock on my glasses. Yesterday's ride was the first time I had used them and it was all open road back country roads and I loved them. Today I went into town, Wally world, and local movie rental joint. The field of vision with them on wasn't really great. Lane changes I would definitely get an eye full of sunglasses frame, will I quit using them, hell no, I paid too much money for them to do that. :D

lothodon

Super Moderator
all my sunglasses are purchased while out on my bike with my helmet. i have always tested in store with my helmet on the make certain they fit inside and stay tight to my face while helmetted.

then again, i've only once spent over 10 bucks on glasses. i'm cheap.

FZER

Avid Rider
Completely understand the $10 shades. I had done some lawn mower work for my father in law and he didn't believe me when I told him the parts were free. I was pullin his chain, because there's no way I was going to make him pay me 25 bucks for just a couple gaskets, primer bulb, and several other odds and ends. He absolutely spoils my wife and me wt things around our place. I love him to death super dude. Him and the wife went into co-hoots on the glasses.