Hello from Minnesota

jassilamba

Hello everyone I'm Jesse abs last night I picked up my first bike the awesome FZ8. When I say my first bike I should clarify and say that is my first bike in 10 years. I started riding when I was 12 and stopped riding 10 years ago. Plus I could not say no to the deal on the new fz8.

Anyways I hope to enjoy my new ride and learn from you guys here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

HeresMyMind

welcome, there is a pretty good group of guys here with a very wide range of knowledge, You will love the bike. If you have any questions or need advice feel free to post here, I know a lot of us post daily.

-B

jassilamba

Thanks guys, so far I have just put 35 miles on it, and will say that its just awesome.

I was really scared when I first got on the bike (given how this is not recommended for new riders, and I kinda consider my self like a new rider), but the second I put in gear and started riding all fears just went away.

Love how comfortable the bike is for me. I'm 5'7" 170lbs, above all, I love the smooth power delivery.

Umyaya

Minnesota Nice

Hello fellow Minnesotan!

I also purchased a Fz8 about 1.5 months ago... I sold my crotch rocket the week after I got this bike thinking I would keep them both. I never thought twice about it. Sadly I managed to break my bike this afternoon and will not be able to ride for awhile. What part of MN are you from?

What mods have you/plan to do?

Umyaya

I do always wonder though if I should have gotten a Fz1 and did the naked conversion... seeing it would have been probably either cheaper or the same price..... and that engine/suspension is better... oh wells

Thanks guys, so far I have just put 35 miles on it, and will say that its just awesome.

I was really scared when I first got on the bike (given how this is not recommended for new riders, and I kinda consider my self like a new rider), but the second I put in gear and started riding all fears just went away.

Love how comfortable the bike is for me. I'm 5'7" 170lbs, above all, I love the smooth power delivery.

jassilamba

Hello fellow Minnesotan!

I also purchased a Fz8 about 1.5 months ago... I sold my crotch rocket the week after I got this bike thinking I would keep them both. I never thought twice about it. Sadly I managed to break my bike this afternoon and will not be able to ride for awhile. What part of MN are you from?

What mods have you/plan to do?
uh oh what happened? Hope you are alright. I'm in Burnsville what about you?

Not sure what mods I want yet. I have been looking around but nothing has caught my eye and make me go wow. Might change the exhaust down the line maybe throw on some new levers but that is it. Not sure what I wanna do with the turn signals. I kinda like the stock ones.

I do always wonder though if I should have gotten a Fz1 and did the naked conversion... seeing it would have been probably either cheaper or the same price..... and that engine/suspension is better... oh wells
I thought about that as well but given that I have been out of the game for over 10 years I didn't want a 1000. plus I could not say no to the price on the FZ8. I was debating between this and the fz9 but 2k price difference was big enough reason to get the 8

Last edited:

Umyaya

Cool man. I'm just south of you. Just had a total noob moment and stripped my oil pan. If you get the front flush ones... don't get the dark smoke. You can't see them lol they look cooler but still... then again I just hand signal a lot too. Ya I have quite a few mods... still have to install the full exhaust.. they make a great taillight that has the blinkers integrated into them. Looks legit! We should ride sometime.. I've been mainly hitting up welch and going to Redwing/Wisconsin.

Btw I'm Elliott.

Not sure what mods I want yet. I have been looking around but nothing has caught my eye and make me go wow. Might change the exhaust down the line maybe throw on some new levers but that is it. Not sure what I wanna do with the turn signals. I kinda like the stock ones.

I thought about that as well but given that I have been out of the game for over 10 years I didn't want a 1000. plus I could not say no to the price on the FZ8. I was debating between this and the fz9 but 2k price difference was big enough reason to get the 8

Umyaya

You should def drop a tooth to 15t in the front.. It's like 15 dollars and def worth it.. Keep back stock or change as well depending on what you want!

jassilamba

Cool man. I'm just south of you. Just had a total noob moment and stripped my oil pan. If you get the front flush ones... don't get the dark smoke. You can't see them lol they look cooler but still... then again I just hand signal a lot too. Ya I have quite a few mods... still have to install the full exhaust.. they make a great taillight that has the blinkers integrated into them. Looks legit! We should ride sometime.. I've been mainly hitting up welch and going to Redwing/Wisconsin.

Btw I'm Elliott.

I'm Jesse by the way,I work in Lakeville, so where about are you? I love working with LEDs so might make something myself. I'm gonna take it slow with mods, atleast until I'm done with he break in period.

How did you strip the oil pan? if you don't mind me asking.

Will look into the tooth thing.

Drove to lake city a while back, and I think that would be a great ride on 2 wheels as well. Get your bike up and ready, and we shall go for a ride together.

Here is a pic of my baby between:

Umyaya

Nice to meet you and great looking bike!
I am in Northfield. Yeah I love taking 61 through RedWing and Lake City to Wabasha.. I actually found a cooler road.. if You take 52 south and get off on 60 it'll go through like some small towns (Zumbro? Or Mezeppa? not sure) but come out in Wabasha.

Ya I was doing an oil change (first one since I bought the bike off CL) and the bolt/filter were on there way too tight. So I got off the filter with a oil filter wrench and then when I went to take off the drain bolt I double checked the ratchet and must have just made an error so I may have been going the wrong way lol! oh well. I'll try and post a picture of my bike up here.. I don't have a updated one yet but i'll see.
I'm Jesse by the way,I work in Lakeville, so where about are you? I love working with LEDs so might make something myself. I'm gonna take it slow with mods, atleast until I'm done with he break in period.

How did you strip the oil pan? if you don't mind me asking.

Will look into the tooth thing.

Drove to lake city a while back, and I think that would be a great ride on 2 wheels as well. Get your bike up and ready, and we shall go for a ride together.

Here is a pic of my baby between:

Umyaya

Old photo

[/IMG]

Nice to meet you and great looking bike!
I am in Northfield. Yeah I love taking 61 through RedWing and Lake City to Wabasha.. I actually found a cooler road.. if You take 52 south and get off on 60 it'll go through like some small towns (Zumbro? Or Mezeppa? not sure) but come out in Wabasha.

Ya I was doing an oil change (first one since I bought the bike off CL) and the bolt/filter were on there way too tight. So I got off the filter with a oil filter wrench and then when I went to take off the drain bolt I double checked the ratchet and must have just made an error so I may have been going the wrong way lol! oh well. I'll try and post a picture of my bike up here.. I don't have a updated one yet but i'll see.

Last edited:

jassilamba

That looks really nice mate. Looking at your pics remind me that i need to order some frame sliders, and a rad guard.

Ohh what you get from revzilla??????

Umyaya

Thanks. Yeah I usually order all my stuff from RevZilla.. They seem pretty legit. I think that silver Fz8 rad guard would look insane on your bike. Ya the only reason why I got rid of the stock blinkers is that if it tips over those will just snap right off.. When you install your frame sliders I had to go out and buy this adapter head hexagonal shaped piece that went onto the ratchet! Since none of my sockets or anything fit the engine bolt. Also if you ever take off the stock mirrors there's like a screw on top that is underneath a cover.. kind of was a pain before I figured it out. Oh ya if you get rear spools for a stand... my woodcraft stand was too wide for my fz8 so I had to bend it! It fit my CBR fine but not this bike.. Def get a adjustable stand.
That looks really nice mate. Looking at your pics remind me that i need to order some frame sliders, and a rad guard.

Ohh what you get from revzilla??????

jassilamba

Thanks. Yeah I usually order all my stuff from RevZilla.. They seem pretty legit. I think that silver Fz8 rad guard would look insane on your bike. Ya the only reason why I got rid of the stock blinkers is that if it tips over those will just snap right off.. When you install your frame sliders I had to go out and buy this adapter head hexagonal shaped piece that went onto the ratchet! Since none of my sockets or anything fit the engine bolt. Also if you ever take off the stock mirrors there's like a screw on top that is underneath a cover.. kind of was a pain before I figured it out. Oh ya if you get rear spools for a stand... my woodcraft stand was too wide for my fz8 so I had to bend it! It fit my CBR fine but not this bike.. Def get a adjustable stand.

Great points mate, I will keep that in mind when I order and get things.

What chain lube do you use?

Umyaya

I just started using Motorex.. because I like their degreaser and it came in a a package.. it dries hard though and looks kind of weird.. not sure if I like it.

I am debating also on what tires to order... the Bridgestone Battleaxe are not cutting it for me... Either Michilin Pilot Power 3 or Pilot Road 4's... Not sure!
Great points mate, I will keep that in mind when I order and get things.

What chain lube do you use?