Handlebar grips..

BigD

Yup..they stay tacky as long as there is no soap on them..funny you bring grips up..I just put on a 4 th set of the Kevlar renthals yesterday that are 3 mill thicker so it should help reduce vibration as well.

ordered myself the renthal dual compound grips at 32mm.
will post back once fitted and tested :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Woody146

Banned
ordered myself the renthal dual compound grips at 32mm.
will post back once fitted and tested :)

Sweet..I think you will be happy..only down side is they get dirty really easily..we were workin on my buddies wrx today and I had to yell at him to not touch the grips with his black ass hands right as he was about to grab the bars.

Oh yea...do you have grip glue? Renthal makes that too...works really well and you don't have to cut your grips off after..just put an air compressor on the Inside of the grip and pull..should slide rite off...that way you can always re use grips if necessary

BigD

out with the old...In with the new renthals. ordered the 32mm but received the 29 mm...oh well, installed and ready for the weekend. much stickier than what the previous owner put on..

Woody146

Banned
out with the old...In with the new renthals. ordered the 32mm but received the 29 mm...oh well, installed and ready for the weekend. much stickier than what the previous owner put on..

Niiice! I see you got the gray which is a little different compound than what I have..all pretty much the same though.

BigD

It's the only colour that came in dual compound (not the Kevlar)
see how these get on, I do have some freebie grips that came with the ride it levers which may be ok, will see how these fair first.

Bagman

pro grips anyone? pros/cons...?

I used the 719s that you have pictured here on my previous motorbike - a 2005 Ninja500r. They were simple to install. They did help to alleviate a little of the vibration through the bars, but the biggest change was the fact that the grip itself was GRIPPY. It took some getting used to with my gloves sticking to the grips, so rolling on/off throttle and/or grabbing for clutch/brake sometimes led to being not so smooth.

BigD

I used the 719s that you have pictured here on my previous motorbike - a 2005 Ninja500r. They were simple to install. They did help to alleviate a little of the vibration through the bars, but the biggest change was the fact that the grip itself was GRIPPY. It took some getting used to with my gloves sticking to the grips, so rolling on/off throttle and/or grabbing for clutch/brake sometimes led to being not so smooth.

a full weekends ride with the renthals fitted and what a difference from the previous mx grips the last owner fitted. grippy, more feel of the bars and I more control of the bike. cheers for the suggestion woody

Woody146

Banned
a full weekends ride with the renthals fitted and what a difference from the previous mx grips the last owner fitted. grippy, more feel of the bars and I more control of the bike. cheers for the suggestion woody

Not bad for cheap grips huh;):cheers:

Mo$4FZ8

Got the thin foam sleeves, put them on the stock hard grips for the first month. Was just too thick with gloves. Then Progrip 799 dual density open end gels, they were OK. Ratings from Mags on the SLR Spider Grips are good, so tried them, and they have been Great! They do wear. On my 2nd pair at not quite 2 years.