Handlebar grips..

BigD

What do you have on your fz8 and why?
I have the below on mine but would prefer narrower grips that are maybe 'stickier'... still red and branded though but red more so.. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigD

If only they were red :( lol. Do they get dirty quickly?

any other options...maybe like a top 3 suggestions?

Woody146

Banned
Only when the dumbass yamaha techs touch them with their dirty ass hands lol..they clean easy with warm soapy water..they make them in differnt colors and grades but these were the only Kevlar lined ones

Renthal Original Road Race Handlebar Grips :: Grips :: Bars/Grips/Levers :: CJ Motorcycle Accessories Ltd

I only have experience with renthals...always ran em on my dirt bikes and now street bike

Just make sure you get the open ended ones whichever grips you do get...my buddy put dirtbike grips on his gsxr(closed ended) not to mention he put the throttle side on the bare bar!

Last edited:

BigD

Any reason in particular you choose these?
They have a very low cost..I just assumed quality would have to be paid for? excuse me if I am wrong.....
thanks for the input btw :)
All options and choices welcome

Woody146

Banned
15$-20$ is pretty standard for grips...at least around here..well..for the good ones..cheap ones are 5$.

A buddy put them on his ninja and I really liked them..and I am familiar with renthal from my motocross days...they are sticky enough you can throttle with just your thumb and pointer finger.

Post whatever you end up running..I am on my 3rd set of these and would like to see options

9 Lives

Barracuda and Rizoma make high end grips $$$ that come in different colors, Not sure how they work but I have been thinking about getting the Rizoma ones

BigD

woody, have you used the renthals in the wet weather at all?
will take a look at the barracudas and rizomas now.

anyone experience the Oxford sports bike hot grips? sticky? good grips?

cheers

AshAus

Oxford Touring Premium Heated Grips - I live in Canberra, Australia and it's quite often below 0c this time of year.

BigD

renthals looking top of list atm...what the Oxford sport bike heated grips like? soft compound? sticky?

AshAus

renthals looking top of list atm...what the Oxford sport bike heated grips like? soft compound? sticky?

I think the oxford grips are good, the sports grips are slightly firmer than the stock grips, so I went for the touring version which is about the same, relatively sticky too... Work very well in winter.

eru000

I've got Biltwell Recoils on mine. Took a few days to get used to the thicker grips, and the tapered shape, but I think it fits my larger hand better and they are definitely more comfortable (so far).

Woody146

Banned
woody, have you used the renthals in the wet weather at all?
will take a look at the barracudas and rizomas now.

anyone experience the Oxford sports bike hot grips? sticky? good grips?

cheers

Yup..they stay tacky as long as there is no soap on them..funny you bring grips up..I just put on a 4 th set of the Kevlar renthals yesterday that are 3 mill thicker so it should help reduce vibration as well.

Rbk001

Love the look of those grips, how do you like them? They come with 3 different cams for the throttle, which one did you use?

Love them. High quality as all rizoma products I have run into are, but of course you pay for that quality. It did come with three cams and it was pretty obvious which cam to use as you just compare it to the stock cam. Easy install.

BigD

one thing I forgot to mention, how would any of the suggested grips fit well with bar end mirrors?

Rbk001

one thing I forgot to mention, how would any of the suggested grips fit well with bar end mirrors?

If you are going with bar end mirrors they won't or shouldn't affect your grips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk