Greg White riding new 8 today

DLSGAP

Just saw on Facebook that Greg is taking the 8 out for a ride and review today... Curious what he has to say

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I don't want to hear about it... I get it, no one likes the suspension, the seat is too narrow in the front, etc. if "speed triple" doesnt show up in the review then its not an FZ8 review lol...

DLSGAP

SeñorJack;32469 said:
I don't want to hear about it... I get it, no one likes the suspension, the seat is too narrow in the front, etc. if "speed triple" doesnt show up in the review then its not an FZ8 review lol...

Lol. Coming from track bikes, I think the seat is fine. Lol

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Cant wait to see a good 2013 review or vs. Street Triple.

that might be a good little shootout. But isnt the triple a 150cc? equipped w öhlins? fits a 200 in the rear? I dunno, I rode one up and down the street. I imagine that the -1+2 geared guys feel like that everyday, minus the 160mph+ that the triumph has. but again, I havent been paying attention to the 13'. I'm just gonna wait for a squid to "total" one in a parking lot going 15mph then buy their shock and forks if I can :)

edit: I never want anyone to crash!

DLSGAP

You're thinking the speed triple (1050cc).. The street triple is a 675

The upgraded r model has ohlins...

The speed triple will blow the fz8 to pieces in nearly every category except price. I've not ridden the smallest street trip, but I hear pretty much the same thing about it

SeñorJack

El Guapo
well that explains alot :) I didnt pay too much attention to the bike, I have too many projects right now :/

it was fast as hell though...

Ya the 2013 fz8 is probably a monster. I'm sure they will start showing up soon enough!

Marthy

You're thinking the speed triple (1050cc).. The street triple is a 675

The upgraded r model has ohlins...

The speed triple will blow the fz8 to pieces in nearly every category except price. I've not ridden the smallest street trip, but I hear pretty much the same thing about it

I tough the Street Triple and FZ8 were in the same HP range. I saw an old bike comparison, I was just curious how it will compare with the 2013 FZ8. I know the FZ8 is no match for the Street Triple.

Like it or not, every single naked bike comparison are base on how well any of the Triple perform. On a tie I'll prefer the FZ8, I got use to the bullet proof Yamaha quality.

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
I've ridden both the Street Triple and FZ8 (well, the Fazer) in Germany, although not back to back... gotta say, the Street has a small edge, but not enough to justify the price difference...

Edit: also rode an older Speedy and a new Speedy, they were just flat out great bikes...

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I tough the Street Triple and FZ8 were in the same HP range. I saw an old bike comparison, I was just curious how it will compare with the 2013 FZ8. I know the FZ8 is no match for the Street Triple.

Like it or not, every single naked bike comparison are base on how well any of the Triple perform. On a tie I'll prefer the FZ8, I got use to the bullet proof Yamaha quality.

i thnk the street triple and speed triple are diffent bikes. ive never seen the 675cc. only the liter version and it was really flippin fast

DLSGAP

SeñorJack;32488 said:
i thnk the street triple and speed triple are diffent bikes. ive never seen the 675cc. only the liter version and it was really flippin fast

Easiest way to spot the difference... The speed triple has a single sided swingarm...

The street triple has a conventional 2sided arm

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Easiest way to spot the difference... The speed triple has a single sided swingarm...

The street triple has a conventional 2sided arm

haha blew my mind. see now I thought they all had one sided swingarms. ummmm I didn't know cuz I was too busy studying Twist of the Wrist 2..:. ya thats it

DLSGAP

Lol... I do things from those books without remembering it ever read about it...
I need to get another bike to hit some track days

krillz

I have ridden both the Street and FZ before getting the FZ. Both great bikes. Really. The Yamaha to me looks better and is known for RELIABILITY. My friend is always wrenching on his Street. He has sent his bike back twice for brake issues, and to me brakes are more important then HP. 26,000 Valve checks on FZ means they know there stuff will work. Just saying:2cents:

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Lol... I do things from those books without remembering it ever read about it...
I need to get another bike to hit some track days

haha i still have to be concious about not chopping the throttle when I run wide. but i'll be damned if I dont hook up everytime :) Ready for this 13' review.