Gravity bike

e11charlie

So got inspired to make a gravity bike. Found a nice base.

This is where I'm at now. Got some semi slick tires to put on then I still need to mock up the rest of the seat bracket. This is going to be fun as hell. View attachment 1442

Videos and hospital bills to follow.

cpatt

:agree:

Yeah, I'm with him!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_CSYeV4QhA]Gravity Bike, Marysville 2012 (Gravitybike HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

i googled it... and well it looks like a very uncomfortable bike.... that can only go down hill. looks fun tho.

thach1130

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pkDxQK3bDc"]Gravity Bike - YouTube[/ame]

From the look of it. If he wanted a little more rear braking he could merely slide back and pucker up to grab the rear tire.

Last edited:
H

Hoover

Fuck that for a game of soldiers. :eek:

Not popular in Florida or Illinois I bet.

e11charlie

Road kill, maybe. Riding a motorcycle we are all waiting to be a good ornament with the way cagers drive. Doesn't seem anymore dangerous than dragging knee.

D

Deleted member 438

That looks insane. Keep us posted on the project and your runs.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Road kill, maybe. Riding a motorcycle we are all waiting to be a good ornament with the way cagers drive. Doesn't seem anymore dangerous than dragging knee.

I was referring to the guy on the video he just seems so low to the ground around all the cages and all

e11charlie

I was referring to the guy on the video he just seems so low to the ground around all the cages and all

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing too. Well all ready for a test run. She ain't perty by any means yet but solid as hell. I will make a test run tomorrow and if everything works out then I will paint all necessary parts. View attachment 1447

sinclap2

Lazy
I was watching that first video thinking I would have given that try 20 years ago...but now, no way Jose! Too old, too slow, too fat. :D

I was also looking at the road in the 1st vid, thinking it reminded me of the roads up near Lake Eildon (near Melbourne)...then I saw it was in Marysville...which is right near Lake Eildon...:rolleyes: I must pay more attention.

W

WARPTH

just a thought of safety and precaution...
thinking of the speeds you "may" get up to... might be best off to use a suspension front end with a disc brake... if you hit the brakes in a hurry. you dont get much feel with those caliper brakes. and the only flex is in your tyre pressure... i can see a front wheel lock up very easily...
not to preach... just safety first :)

F

Fazed

While on the topic of safety, does that new seat mount have a brace or it just an elongated U shape over the rear tyre? I can't quite make out in the photo. I would run an addition support from the new seat mount to the old seat post, so you form a nice triangle. Just my 2 cents