go pro

W

WARPTH

as long as you record in the lower resolution you should be fine for editing. 1080p chews up system resources...

i personally have a i5 8gb ram 7200rpm hdd and 1gb graphics and 1080p video occassionaly fucks up and goes interlaced in the final cut.

720p no problem. :D

awesome thanks!! when its time for a computer its going to be a mac! i can get a pretty good deal on them now

okay so I got a little video today and I am trying to edit it a little but the program keeps saying windows movie maker error and closes the program now is this just a typical fucking windows product or because my computer isn't fast enough? the computer It self doesn't seem to be slowing down or jamming up at all its just out of no where it closes?

W

WARPTH

Sounds like a driver error of some kind.
And by driver i DONT mean user. Was there any driver installation discs that came with the go pro? If not jump on their website and see if there is something you can download ie an updated driver or something or rather.

ssky0078

as long as you record in the lower resolution you should be fine for editing. 1080p chews up system resources...

i personally have a i5 8gb ram 7200rpm hdd and 1gb graphics and 1080p video occassionaly fucks up and goes interlaced in the final cut.

720p no problem. :D

+1000 on that. I only record in 720p at 60fps. Most display resolutions for laptops/ipads/iphones etc have a max rendering of 720p anyway. 1080 is usually reserved for occasional high, high end devices and TV's which people aren't running their vids through the tv. The fps (frames per second) is more important in my opinion. The fps captures more images 60 during a second compared to 30 with the lower setting. The more images make for a more continuous image presentation. Think about if you were to draw a filp cartoon in the corner of a notebook, if you have more minute changes, then the smoother the cartoon is when you flip through.

okay so I got a little video today and I am trying to edit it a little but the program keeps saying windows movie maker error and closes the program now is this just a typical fucking windows product or because my computer isn't fast enough? the computer It self doesn't seem to be slowing down or jamming up at all its just out of no where it closes?

I would check for an update for WMM. If not look up what the error code is for. Probably the most common one is if are not trying to use the right file type. When I use my GoPro I would go through cineform in the following process, Import, select a short segment/clip, then convert, then I would export the clips as mp4 so that I could send it to WMM. WMM only likes AVI and MP4, and it will not work work with MOV files.

JSP

Administrator
+1000 on that. I only record in 720p at 60fps. Most display resolutions for laptops/ipads/iphones etc have a max rendering of 720p anyway. 1080 is usually reserved for occasional high, high end devices and TV's which people aren't running their vids through the tv. The fps (frames per second) is more important in my opinion. The fps captures more images 60 during a second compared to 30 with the lower setting. The more images make for a more continuous image presentation. Think about if you were to draw a filp cartoon in the corner of a notebook, if you have more minute changes, then the smoother the cartoon is when you flip through.

I would check for an update for WMM. If not look up what the error code is for. Probably the most common one is if are not trying to use the right file type. When I use my GoPro I would go through cineform in the following process, Import, select a short segment/clip, then convert, then I would export the clips as mp4 so that I could send it to WMM. WMM only likes AVI and MP4, and it will not work work with MOV files.

I do not record in 1080 anymore, only 720. Also a reason I do not need/want a Hero 3 black. My buddy has one and my computer couldnt even see anything over 1080.

Also when doing tests between 1080 and 720 on my HD2, 1080 is much more unstable/shaky! 720 is so much more smooth. So I am pretty happy I passed on the Hero 3 and found a like new HD2 with all sorts of extra mounts for $175.

sorry it doesn't say error it just says movie maker has stopped working! I got my little video finished just had to make sure to save progress alot

ssky0078

sorry it doesn't say error it just says movie maker has stopped working! I got my little video finished just had to make sure to save progress alot

I think you said you had 8bg of RAM. That should be enough. You may want to uninstall and reinstall WMM. My WMM does not do that at all. The only time it will give me error messages is for file type errors.

I have been shooting in 720 looks good enough for what I am going to do with it!!
okay thanks ssky I will try that!!!

97audia4

I want to get final cut bc i used it in college and loved it. Windows movie maker kills my quality, and i shoot in 960/48

ssky0078

I want to get final cut bc i used it in college and loved it. Windows movie maker kills my quality, and i shoot in 960/48

Yeah, I was looking at Final Cut to upgrade, but the reviews from long time users who upgraded to Final Cut X from Final Cut 7 said they hated it. I'm going to do some more investigation before I jump on board.