Gear Indicator

C

Camo

I recall seeing one on the FZ1 site that a few of the guys had done..I do think it was a pita to do but one of those things that if you wanted it, would be well worth the hassel.

Black-n-naked

I installed the Healtech Gipro gearindicator a couple of weeks ago.
It wasn't really difficult but you have to remove the tank and airbox to get to the correct bundle of cables (you actually need wires from 2 different bundles but they're close together).
There's no need to solder the wires though, included with the indicator are a couple of snap-on connectors.
Getting to the wires is the big effort, the rest is peanuts.

I followed a description I found on a dutch website (here, i hope the translation doesn't screw anything up) since I'm not exactly technically inclined.:p

Paralgin

Avid Rider
I want a shiftindicator from HealTech but,
There is so much to chose from, witch of them do you guys recomend i shall get?

F

Fazed

According to their website the GIPro X with the part no of Y01

Niko

Yeap I have a GiPro Healtech.
Easy to install (almost plug & play). A shift light included but i dindn't set it (didn't took time...).

To connect it to + after ingnition, i used useless a plug (for Yamaha alarm) under the tank. No need to remove the tank just pull it.

It's in french but easy to understand i think...

Be carrefull if you have ABS some guys had troubles...

A spanish guy shows how to feet it inside the speedo :
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lONv-hcK32Y&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lONv-hcK32Y&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I took the easiest way :

Last edited:
S

Shock

Not trying to sound like ass but why do you want a gear indicator? I never pay attention to the gear I'm in I just listen to the bike and then I know if I need to shift up or down.

Paralgin

Avid Rider
Not trying to sound like ass but why do you want a gear indicator? I never pay attention to the gear I'm in I just listen to the bike and then I know if I need to shift up or down.

I hear you =) Dont really know, just thinking it would help me use the gear`s more. Dont really know actually =P

AlCab

I wouldn't mind having one for times when I am slowing down for a slow 90 degree corner in town. I usually downshift to second but sometimes find myself in third (or 1st) by accident. A gear indicator would be nice in these situations to confirm I'm in the gear I think I'm in.

H

Hoover

One of the things that the testers said when it came out was it should have a gear indicator.
I'd like one for sure.