gas mileage

Umyaya

I was super surprised the other day when I filled up with 3.5 gallons at 153 miles. With 1 gallon left I probably had 190 miles in this tank... this is also after the speedohealer was installed... what is everyone else getting? Granted I was mainly commuting and not ripping it with this tank...

rug_burn

Best I've ever gotten on my FZ8 is 50 mpg, and that was on the very first tank, when I was really taking it easy. Got 200 miles one other time, but the tank was so empty it fired and then died due to the lines being dry when I went to start it up, after filling, then started and ran fine after that. Not terribly good for the pump, to run it dry, though.

jassilamba

All I know about mpg is that I should fill it when the last bar starts to blink. If I really cared about mpg I would have gotten a cb500f or something like that.

Umyaya

All I know about mpg is that I should fill it when the last bar starts to blink. If I really cared about mpg I would have gotten a cb500f or something like that.

Ya I would have got a 21 speed road bike or use my legs to walk everywhere !

Umyaya

Lol walking is too much work. I even hate walking or running in video games.

But as long as I get anything close to 40mpg I know I will be good.

Ya. Everyone here runs non oxy premium. Super expensive though... I just started running 87... and I hear the argument you only save a dollar or so.... I ride a lot of miles so ill take the dollar I save! If my engine blows up for running 87 I'll let ya know haha.

jassilamba

87 is fine for our machines from what I read. I wonder if anyone here is tried seafoam in their gas tank? I seafoam my cars every six months and it gets it nice and clean.