Fz8 Azusa canyon ride gopro first edition

Mrpacis

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlzSd--LRaY&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Canyon ride part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

C

Camo

Looks like a great ride mate, road looks awesome....got the same helmet ;)

lyric911

Thanks. Picked up this helmet on Craigslist for 100 dollars. It's in very good condition.

I hope it was new/in box/unused. A single impact to the shell of the helmet (a drop from ~2 feet or higher counts) means it's toast. If you've not been the owner of the helmet from day one, you don't know if it's been dropped or not. It's not always visibly obvious.

Mrpacis

I hope it was new/in box/unused. A single impact to the shell of the helmet (a drop from ~2 feet or higher counts) means it's toast. If you've not been the owner of the helmet from day one, you don't know if it's been dropped or not. It's not always visibly obvious.

I hope not the. Got it from a guy that seems pretty cool And he was In the army. Very easy going. But eventually I'm saving up for a shoei that I saw glos black with grey and gold dragon graphics to match the fz8

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Dude- is that glendora Mountain road? or anywhere near there? I used to downhill mtb at GMR and I would always see crews riding out there. looks good man. the ride up to MT Baldy is tight too

Jacek3743

When I watch videos like these, especially in HD, I have to catch myself from air braking and shifting in my office... The hell... Let it be warm already because these videos are killing me!!!

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Dude- is that glendora Mountain road? or anywhere near there? I used to downhill mtb at GMR and I would always see crews riding out there. looks good man. the ride up to MT Baldy is tight too

Yes it is near there! I didn't realize how many of you are local to me. (My signature is actually me at the first hairpin corner to GMR :D)

We should get together. It's been years since I've been up there; Mt Baldy being my favorite. Haven't been since the major fire a couple years ago. All those rock slides and dirt accumulation killed it for me, but I'm sure its a lot better now. Besides.. Been wanting to play with my GoPro3 haha. I'm sure I'll have plenty of weekend time over the summer.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
gmr was my first canypn road on the 8. gmr was a little challenging for my first ride. but id love a chance to take her on again haha

rug_burn

MRPacis: That's a great video-

I gotta go try that road, and GMR, too. . That one's longer than hell, and is a loop. Jeez- look what i've been missing, right in my own neck of the woods.
Thanks-

Rug_Burn

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I tried watching the whole thing but it gets a little bit repetitive but still very cool!

I DID notice that you did a wheelie in the first 30 seconds in the vid and i was wondering how you did it! Did you start in second, get up to speed, downshift to first and drop the hammer? It was very surprising!

Oh and, crossing solid double yellow. nice ;)

SeñorJack

El Guapo
it looks like he drops the clutch in first. this vid was the vid that gave me the guts to try it. I figured if he is at least trying them, I should too you know?

rnvanquish

...that can get you killed sqiudo

So can doing a lot of things. If there's no oncoming traffic, what's the big deal? I cross over double yellows all the time while canyon riding in SoCal. Bikes are capable of a lot of things that would normally get you in trouble/injured/killed in a normal vehicle.

Back to the topic, I've never ridden that road but it looks pretty bad ass! I also live in SoCal so I've ridden most of the typical canyon roads hundreds of times. Have you ever ridden Hwy 33 near Ojai?