Fz8 Azusa canyon ride gopro first edition

Bajaedition

So can doing a lot of things. If there's no oncoming traffic, what's the big deal? I cross over double yellows all the time while canyon riding in SoCal. Bikes are capable of a lot of things that would normally get you in trouble/injured/killed in a normal vehicle.

Back to the topic, I've never ridden that road but it looks pretty bad ass! I also live in SoCal so I've ridden most of the typical canyon roads hundreds of times. Have you ever ridden Hwy 33 near Ojai?

the big deal is that is how many riders get killed
those lines are there for a reason
many riding groups will eject you from the ride if you do such
get a grip and learn to ride intelligently, not like a squid

9 Lives

So can doing a lot of things. If there's no oncoming traffic, what's the big deal? I cross over double yellows all the time while canyon riding in SoCal. Bikes are capable of a lot of things that would normally get you in trouble/injured/killed in a normal vehicle.

Back to the topic, I've never ridden that road but it looks pretty bad ass! I also live in SoCal so I've ridden most of the typical canyon roads hundreds of times. Have you ever ridden Hwy 33 near Ojai?

I'm with you, no big deal, just keep a look out for the cops. Nice ride buy the way.

BDazzler

Nice video. Was that 3rd gear most of the ride? I'm not familiar with the revs of the FZ8. I'd recomend the Twist of the Wrist II book and video. (most or all of which can be watched on YouTube). The video is a bit cheezy, but the information is solid. Sadly, IL has no mountains. All of our roads are stamped out in a grid. Flat, straight, right angle corners.