FZ8 Aftermarket & Accessories

Wenmark

Well I have decided that if they offer the ability to put the FZ6R style fairings on the this new FZ8 then I would really like to have one. I know some of you are "naked" fans and I appreciate that too, but I have grown fond of my FZ6R look and would really like to keep that, only with some more power. I do hope that start off with a better looking stock exhaust. That thing is horrid to look at and would have to be changed almost immediately. I would hope that FZ1 in NH is right that they will offer lots of upgrades and accessories on this model to entice new owners to take this baby for a spin and own one. Does anyone have any must have accessories that they would like to see?:)

CDN6R

Wenmark: Are you sure that the FZ8 is coming to the U.S,? I was out to my local Yamaha dealer yesterday,here in N.S. Canada,and he told me that because Yamaha U.S.A. had quite a large inventory of non-current motorcycles,that the FZ8 was not being imported to the U.S. I hope he is wrong.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
I heard that the US will get it but the new model year bikes are never announced here before Sept. So, we have to wait until then for the official word. Rumor mill at the dealer is that it will arrive. No clue on the price yet.

Mick! They have a full line if accessories already!?!?! SWEET!! When you picking yours up? ;)

FZ1inNH

Administrator
That would be sweet! You get to enjoy most of what the FZ1 is with affordable insurance. ;) It looks like they've done well with the engine and torque and sweetened up the low and mid range. I doubt you'd be disappointed!

Take care Mick!

Gtufnell

I've moved from a 2003 R1 to the Fazer8. Fantastic bike. Comfortable, quick and the most fun I've had on a bike in years. I tried the FZ1 first but found it was too much in the upright position. Loads of fun and no back, wrist or neck ache :)
JMV Concepts in France have started making the bodywork for these.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
I've moved from a 2003 R1 to the Fazer8. Fantastic bike. Comfortable, quick and the most fun I've had on a bike in years. I tried the FZ1 first but found it was too much in the upright position. Loads of fun and no back, wrist or neck ache :)
JMV Concepts in France have started making the bodywork for these.

Nice! Please post some pics when you have time. We really want to see how these machines look and what you all do to individualize them. :tup:

Classique

Hey everyone,
I'm new here and getting my FZ8 within the next 3 months. I've been looking into aftermarket parts and accessories as I want to customize my bike completely and make it my own.

This site has quite a few accessories that I haven't seen listed on any other parts sites. http://www.solomotoparts.com/search.php?mode=search

I definitely plan on getting the Sato rear sets and Pazzo levers...bonus is they match the colour scheme of the bike :cool:

Also for everything from fairings to integrated tail lights check out
www.bike-design.com!

Last edited:

Speedo007

I'm looking for a good luggage solution (side hardcases) that could be removed (including bracket) in just a few minutes. I think SW Motech made one like that for the FZ1 that once removed you only had small parts left on the bike, was easy to install and remove in 2 minutes.

belliezzz

screen fazer 8

is it just me or is the missing part of the screen a problem i like to keep a peice of rag to wipe my mirrors or viser but at about 60 it gets blown away i would tape over the v shaped hole but gaffer tape on a week old bike seems wrong . so if any1 gets to know of a screen without a hole at the bottom let me know thanks

sorry i should read a little more .... i have not yet been on the fazer8 so i never noticed the hole but i will contact my buddy who works at a yamaha and ask if he knows of a better windscreen or if that little whole should even be there

Thebijmaster

Yea I've been looking high and low for some side hard cases, the only ones that I found clearly fit on the FZ8 were the givi ones at the same site solomotoparts.com but the price tags on them are pretty high. The mounting kit is $230 on its own plus a $40 adapter to avoid the monorack, and the bags themselves are listed as $545 - $610 (rack says it's only compatible with the v35 bags).

Unless I get rich fast I'll probably be going with soft bags for now, I will need them fairly soon...

yeah i think i am giong to go with the soft bags for this year also .... i dont do a whole bunch of traveling on my bike so they will fit my needs just fine!.... i like the idea of hard bags dont like the look!!!

LitzerSki

Ventura

Ventura makes a system for the FZ8 also...I've used the same setup on my VFR for years and love it.

Yamaha FZ-8N Z-A (10-11), Ventura Motorcycle Accessories,

LitzerSki

Not a lot...you'll notice a very small difference at first, but that disappears after 5 minutes. You'll also be slightly more prone to the occasional accidental (2-3") wheelie, but that's only happened twice...once on an on ramp and another after 2 downshifts to pass someone quickly.

All in all, I love the system. The 52 liter bag (shown) has plenty of room for 2 weeks worth of clothes for me. I also have a 2nd 52 liter bag that zips behind the other one, which is as much storage space as I'll ever need.

I'll most likely get the same setup for the FZ8, but am also considering a hard topcase...decisions, decisions...

Speedo007

I think I'll be going with a touring tank bag and soft side luggage for now, those Givis are so freakin expensive.