FZ8 Aftermarket & Accessories

wow thats a lot of stuff packed on a bike!! how do you like your vfr? i looked into one before i bought my fz8

LitzerSki

how do you like your vfr?

Its kind of a battered wife syndrome I have with the VFR. I only have 40-45,000 miles on it, but it's nothing but trouble...anything electrical that could have gone bad, has. But I still absolutely LOVE the bike. It's perfect for me...I've done at least half a dozen iron butts on it...twice 1250 miles in a day. It's been all across the country (44 states actually).

It was overcharging and melting wires & fuses, so I rebuilt the harness. Currently, it isn't running...the charging system took a crap on me. I'm in the middle of a battery, stator, voltage regulator/rectifier replacement. There's also idle problems...I have a new wax element, hopefully that will take care of it. It also runs a good bit warmer now than in the past...but my god...I still love the damn thing. It handles AMAZING in the twisties, is incredibly confidence inspiring in high speed sweepers, and it eats highway miles like nobody's business.

Despite all of the foibles, I'd have a hard time getting somthing else if I'd total it today. Well not today...it hasn't been running since September, but I'm lazy when it comes to repair (that's why I have 2 bikes). Heck...it helped me become the electrician/mechanic I am today...I love it for that!

awesome im not such a huge fan of the new vfr but the older ones i really liked!! ill pass some of that information on to my friend he is looking at one as we speak

bigolkep

Passenger sliding into me is getting annoying...

I need your help guys! I need the best solution to help my passenger from sliding into me when I brake or downshift...a seat cover? grip pad? passenger OEM grab bars? pls let me know what you guys think is the best idea...thanks!

Speedo007

On sports bikes its hard to avoid, but what works best for me is my girlfriend squeezing her thighs on my hips when I brake, having tank grips also helps you to stay in place http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/109-a.html , grab handles could be good, but before I was going to buy them my girlfriend looked at the height they were and they were too low for her (would have needed to round her back to reach them). Depending on how tall your gf is it might be an option, the Fz8 grab handles do look good.

On some sportbikes the passenger can put hands on the tank when breaking, thats really ideal, takes all the weight off you. But on the Fz8 unless she has really long arms, that won't work.