FZ-07!?!?! for 2015?!??!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3631
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3631

So today at work (I work at a yamaha dealer) I was doing my daily accessory scrolling and noticed parts for a 2015 fz07... I was looking at all 2015 featured bikes for 2015 and fz09 wasn't on there... not sure if they haven't added it to 2015 parts list or if it's been replaced.... mystery....
The fz07 looks to be more hooligan than the fz09
I'll just stick with the 8 :)

HeresMyMind

I much rather prefer my 8 over the 9, although the 9's power and torque is a bit higher. I dont like the narrow seat and tank. the bike doesn't look as aggressive either. I like the sharp angles on the fz8.

The FZ7 should be the perfect started bike

-B

Larry P

I feel like the fz09 was the fz8 merged with a supermoto. Light, narrow, and hooligan-esque. If they drop down into an fz7 their direct competition will be the street triple (which has a great R model). I love Yamaha but the street triple has been a huge success since 2007 and continuously comes out ahead of its competition (even against the fz9, brutalle, etc). Triumph has character and excellent fit and finish. Yamaha will have to work very hard to make a competitor without making it a budget bike again. With a bit more coin in the Fazer series they would have probably sold better.

Sinooch

In my opinion my biggest aesthetic problem with the fz9 is the tail light. To me it looks like someone forgot to add it in the design and then last second just slapped it on the back. I love the naked look of my fz8 but I feel that there is such a thing as too little fair like they did with the fz9

D

Deleted member 3631

Yeah it is a parallel. Looking at some specs and it's 397 lbs with liquids! 58 mpg. 6.990 as retail. For someone looking for a "step up" seems pretty bang for your buck if you decide to stay with 2 cylinders.

myklobe

I much rather prefer my 8 over the 9, although the 9's power and torque is a bit higher. I dont like the narrow seat and tank. the bike doesn't look as aggressive either. I like the sharp angles on the fz8.
I 100% agree. I test drove the FZ-09 and almost bought it, but they didn't have the color I wanted in the state, so I bought the FZ8 and I tell you, the sharp angles and aggressive look of the FZ8 make me happy. I chose wisely for my tastes :)

Woody146

Banned
I still want to ride a 09...they are growing on me...but they look unfinished to me!

One of these days I will ask the owner of sj yamaha to ride his..shit..everything I do..he copies me..lol! He should just pay me to be the fz consultant for their shop!

D

Deleted member 3631

I test drove the 9. It was fun. But the seat was hard. Didn't like that you couldn't use a ligit slip on. And the horn and blinker get getting in my way. The fz08 is just a well rounded fun bike. This bike with a 190/60 on the rear really makes it a mountain carver :) LOVE THIS BIKE!

Woody146

Banned
I test drove the 9. It was fun. But the seat was hard. Didn't like that you couldn't use a ligit slip on. And the horn and blinker get getting in my way. The fz08 is just a well rounded fun bike. This bike with a 190/60 on the rear really makes it a mountain carver :) LOVE THIS BIKE!

You have a 190/60??! Can you post a pic of your back tire please? I want to see what this looks like!

Perron

My friend test drove the fz7. He said it got a lot of torque and the bike is pretty light so it's fun to drive.

Handles well, got some low rev torque, low price tag, pretty good deal.

618FZ8

I want the full digital display it has. You would think that shit would just be standard on any bike by now. Lol

b-eock

I'd actually prefer the analog tach and the digital speedo, clock, fuel gauge, and anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jassilamba

I'd actually prefer the analog tach and the digital speedo, clock, fuel gauge, and anything else.

i agree with you on the analog, they just look better, and have that satisfactory needle sweep that digital does not have.

With that said, the FZ-07 does seem to be a good bike, hope it sells well in the USA.

618FZ8

I figured i'd be satisfied with just the analog tach on the bike, and the rest digital. But i ride my buddies zx-10 on occasion and the full digital is nice, its not really like that needle makes a difference. Then I get on mine, or my buddies '09 cbr 600. And can't help to wonder why it's analog. Seems to be cutting corners (I know two manufactures but still). All in all though, my girl needs two wheels, refuses the grom :p so this might be my next choice for her.

jassilamba

I figured i'd be satisfied with just the analog tach on the bike, and the rest digital. But i ride my buddies zx-10 on occasion and the full digital is nice, its not really like that needle makes a difference. Then I get on mine, or my buddies '09 cbr 600. And can't help to wonder why it's analog. Seems to be cutting corners (I know two manufactures but still). All in all though, my girl needs two wheels, refuses the grom :p so this might be my next choice for her.

Would be a great choice indeed, and the price is super awesome.

NoNine4me

Yep, the analog tach is much easier to read at a glance when you are hauling ass. Full digital setup is to save $$$ only.