Front turn signals

wa2txcory

Hey everyone. I bought some front turn signals to match the back (smaller and led). However, I am not sure how to install it (although I havent really tried :D), but the seal/gasket/plug thing is way larger than the neck of the new signal. How are people overcoming this? Also, do you need to take the front light off to be able to switch the turn signals in the front out? If this has been discussed please just let me know where.

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
Sounds like you might need to fabricate a washer to make up the difference.
Thats probably what I would o anyways.
:2cents:

lyric911

Hey everyone. I bought some front turn signals to match the back (smaller and led). However, I am not sure how to install it (although I havent really tried :D), but the seal/gasket/plug thing is way larger than the neck of the new signal. How are people overcoming this? Also, do you need to take the front light off to be able to switch the turn signals in the front out? If this has been discussed please just let me know where.

Pics of what you mean? I'm not following.

As for removing the headlight - you have to pop the top two screws at least to be able to access the wiring connections.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Hrm. Those images aren't working for me.

Edit: none of the galleries are. Weird.

Here. You should be able to see these. ;)

kurtmorauer

there are like 7 bolts to unscrew to take off the turn signals. i repolaced my stock with flushmounts from an r1 and it took like 35 min to do both lights. my kit came with plastic washers that i had to modify but it worked nicely. home depot should have what you need for under $5 for the right washers.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
there are like 7 bolts to unscrew to take off the turn signals. i repolaced my stock with flushmounts from an r1 and it took like 35 min to do both lights. my kit came with plastic washers that i had to modify but it worked nicely. home depot should have what you need for under $5 for the right washers.

You must have dremeled the plastic washers to accomodate the screw and the wire. I almost did that as well.