Front Turn Signals

FZER

Avid Rider
I know they are required, by GA law, but I wonder if I could replace them with some sort of lights? What's everyone thoughts?

C

Camo

I'm amazed by the amount of people that spend time and money on turn signal upgrading... You need 'em on the street. And you're gonna want them to be completely visible to the traffic around you. They're almost the last mod on any street bike for mine.
Save your money and put it towards better tires or suspension upgrades, at the end of the day your trick blinkers are still going to do the exact same thing as the stock ones in exactly the same way.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Camo your statement is Not entirely true, most aftermarket signals i have seen lately are barely visible in the day and therefore not as good as stock. Following a guy with some tiny little LED signals yesterday, could only see them blink when i was 50ft from him or less. Camo is right , spend $$$ on something that improves the bike.

FZER

Avid Rider
Camo your statement is Not entirely true, most aftermarket signals i have seen lately are barely visible in the day and therefore not as good as stock. Following a guy with some tiny little LED signals yesterday, could only see them blink when i was 50ft from him or less. Camo is right , spend $$$ on something that improves the bike.

I've got a friend who bought a set Piaa 1100's lamps. They are 3 watt led's. They would draw a lot less current than the stock lights, but I'm guessing they'd have to be three wire to blink, but they would offer better visibility for me and on coming traffic. Are there adapters to make the install flush? Mod some washers and paint black.

Thanks for the help guys. They sort of remind me of the R1's headlights and are brighter.

Last edited:

FZER

Avid Rider

I was checking out the head light assb and I think I've come up with a good solution. Directly above the OEM front blinkers there is a bolt, with some spacers I would be able to bolt up the lights and have turn signals below too. It might look a little busy right there if you know what I'm talking about, so if I was to install the lights I might still go with some aftermarket signals, plus maybe do the hid upgrade to the OEM headlight.

Yama FZ8 rider

Assistance with parts from those that have experience

Can anyone give me a link to where I can get some front turn signals preferably small ones or mounts bc I ve been looking at some on Amazon like these
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031767EW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3TGC5XRRCX4P2]BikeMaster Arrow Head LED Turn Signals Black 101025-16B : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OO2PVO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3TGC5XRRCX4P2]BikeMaster Universal Mini-Stalk Turn Signal 122-9835 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B227E8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1TFBK3C7LO58P]BikeMaster 101009-9B LED TS TORPEDO MTL BLK BM : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

but wanna make sure they fit or should I just get them and makem fit??

Also, anyone have experience with different foot pegs anyone know if these would fit...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CBUV7Y/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2SLFJMPLG1YX8]Custom Foot Pegs - Front Rider - Yamaha - YZF R6 03-10, R6s 06-10, R1 04-10 - Black : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Thanks for the assistance..:)

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Can anyone give me a link to where I can get some front turn signals preferably small ones or mounts bc I ve been looking at some on Amazon like these
BikeMaster Arrow Head LED Turn Signals Black 101025-16B : Amazon.com : Automotive
BikeMaster Universal Mini-Stalk Turn Signal 122-9835 : Amazon.com : Automotive
BikeMaster 101009-9B LED TS TORPEDO MTL BLK BM : Amazon.com : Automotive

but wanna make sure they fit or should I just get them and makem fit??

Also, anyone have experience with different foot pegs anyone know if these would fit...

Custom Foot Pegs - Front Rider - Yamaha - YZF R6 03-10, R6s 06-10, R1 04-10 - Black : Amazon.com : Automotive

Thanks for the assistance..:)

We're definitely here to help! try e-bay. :)