Frame Sliders!!! Built at my shop!!

jumb5150

Im so stoked. A friend of mine made me some frame sliders. I wanna know if you folks think that it would be worth paying $65 for a pair of these. They are made of billet aluminum and will be powder coated. This version is made for the original yamaha fz8 frame slider set. But standalone versions will be made soon without the need of the back plate which comes with the yamaha kind.

Spike82

i'm sorry my friend but this is no good in my opinion...

the sliders have 2 function
1- to slide
2- to absorb

pvc or derlin are the best materials to make them because they have very good mechanical and abrasion resistance... alluminium is realy good looking but on impact it will break something or break itself becoming unuseful...

my2cent

H

Hoover

Although the look wicked, I'm with Spike on this, something's going to break, my money is on the weak link, the bolt where it goes into the frame, or worse, the tip of the frame.
Sorry
:2cents:

jumb5150

spike has a good point. We can do delrin as well but yes color options will be limited. Would you folks think a $65 price point is reasonable?

Spike82

spike has a good point. We can do delrin as well but yes color options will be limited. Would you folks think a $65 price point is reasonable?

my friend, if you consider that the 1 meter bar of Derlin with diameter 8mm cost about 20/30 euro and you can make about 5 couples of sliders, 65usd for a couple is a little too much in my opinion... i'm not speaking just to say something but i searched and searched, because i'm an hobbyst and i wanted to make them by myself....

Speedo007

Looks good but I'd probably make the end rounder so it doesnt dig into the road but slides on it. And I think if Yamaha put the bracket behind it it's most likely for a very good reason.

As for price I think 65$ is reasonable, I mean most sell them way more and they probably pay even less for that material on the volume. I know my Yamaha sliders were quite expensive and I know they're no way they cost near as much to produce, but sometimes you just gotta think of what it saves you to have some extra protection.