Frame Plugs

AlCab

I have one set of (4) rubber frame plugs for sale. These cover the four holes in the frame, two on each side. See 3rd and 4th pics below (these are actual pics of my bike). I accidentally ordered two sets of these when I only need one. Three of the plugs are a perfect fit but the 4th will need a little trimming. The 4th plug is different than the others in that it is a mushroom type plug (see second pic below). The "stem" of the mushroom is about 1/16" too long so it will need to be trimmed (the part that you trim will not be visible). Also, a small piece of double stick tape will need to be stuck on the end of the stem and stuck to the nut in the hole. There were no instructions but in reading about this plug on the fz1 forum, this is how it is supposed to be attached. The other three simply push into the hole - no tape or anything else needed and fit perfectly. The plugs are textured to match the textured finish of the frame perfectly.

$10 including shipping anywhere in the continental US.

You can see the "mushroom" plug in the pic below that needs to be trimmed a little.

Before:

After:

C

Camo

Mate, where did you get them from? I looked around for a while and couldn't find any

F

Fazed

Hmm worth considering as it does look more finished. They do look good. Do you know if they let water in behind them when riding in the rain or when washing the bike?

AlCab

Hmm worth considering as it does look more finished. They do look good. Do you know if they let water in behind them when riding in the rain or when washing the bike?

Well, if you don't like them, you're not out much :)

They seem to be water tight as it's a tight fit and they are rubber so they form a tight seal. And if you want to take it a step further, you can put a thin film of sealant around the edges before inserting it in place.

AlCab

BTW, if you order from banggood.com, don't let the pic they post with the item fool you. It shows 4 plugs being used per side when in fact, it's only two per side. That is how I ended up with an extra set.

AlCab

Sold to jumb5150. Thanks everyone.

They look Great Al, Never thought of doing that.

Yeah, not a bad upgrade for 4 bucks as long as you don't mind waiting a month :)

I did put some sealant around mine so they don't vibrate out, and to make them water tight. They sit pretty flush with the frame and look great. I will take some better pics once the weather clears up around here.

AlCab

I just put 3 on since i cant figure where the mushroom plug goes. Plus no sealant.

The miushroom plug goes on the bottom hole on the left side of the frame. See pic below. As I said in my for sale post, you have to trim a little bit of material off the "stem" of the mushroom to get it to fit flush.

AlCab

Sweet. Definitely one of the cheaper mods for our bike :) Hope you get yours faster than I got mine - mine took almost a month. Also, I would suggest using a sealant/adhesive around the plugs so water does not find their way in the hole and get trappped.

b8ppj

Collected my brand new fazer8 today so have just ordered a set :)
R&G do a left and right large bung and want £35.00 for a pair :eek:

Lets hope they turn up but at £3 if they dont turn up i wont loose any sleep

b8ppj

Mine arrived yesterday, got home and after trimming one down on length and one on diameter plus a bit of silicone sealant to ensure they dont come out.
1/2 hour job :)
Result jobs a good un :cool: