Forks, Brakelines, and Clip Ons!!!

H

Hoover

Lee, I'm well impressed with the look mate. Way too aggressive for a cripple like me, but sharp as fuck.
Have you thought about going with a round headlight? Perhaps something like Ryans?
That would look soooo cafe racer!

Lee_533

Warpath: I used FZ1 forks I picked up for $200 from the fz1 site.

Hoover: I actually have been looking in to that, I have to open that thread again and do my research but I think it would look sick.

jumb5150

Looks amazing my man!!! Great job. Now lets get a shot to see the what the bike looks like altogether. Btw which forks are those?

Lee_533

Btucker1420

Bike looks Great man

was wondering what year r1 wheel and rotor you went with an if you knew if a r1 fork set would bolt up as easy or should i just go with the fz1 forks for swap Thanks

Lee_533

My wheel and rotors are from a 2006 r6. You can use 2004-2006 r1 forks and I think you can even go newer. I went with the fz1 forks because I like how the bike handles and didn't want to change it. The r1 forks are a bit shorter than the fz8 so your turn in will be faster. As far as clip ons, I got the apex 3" adjustable riser ones. They also had 4" adjustable but couldn't justify the price difference.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
thats frickin great. looks rad. thanks for the review on the clip ons. I was skeptical, but now im just waiting for my paycheck :)

TwoWheels

You think I could use the 3inch apex clip ons. With my stock fz8 frontend?

I have the 4" Apex Clip-ons, mounted under the triple tree, and for normal riding (I.E. not 300 miles in an afternoon), I have them dropped to the lowest they can go. SUPER comfortable, I love the angle, they follow body lean more naturally than the stock handlebars (at least to me, but that could be a placebo effect to justify the cost ;) And I always can raise them for long rides. I have stock forks. Hope that helps :)