First ride in the rain with the fz

V

Vapordan

You road in the rain? Oh my. If I see a cloud far on the horizon, that's it. Time to roll her back in the garage!

highoctane

Canyon Carver
My first time was 2 weeks ago a little down pour as i was doing about 70 on
an interchange. could see oil and damn my heart was beating. tried to slow down as best i could in traffic a little hairy to say the least.

DLSGAP

Rain doesn't scare me... my best or atleast most fun track day on my zx10 was Easter weekend 2009... the same day the Dallas cowboys training center was blown down..

the borg

The Brits laugh at us in the USA. If you don't ride in the rain in England you would never ride. Northwest US also. If you just slow down and don't lean hard into corners you will be fine. Get yourself some good light weight rain gear.

FZER

Avid Rider
Since we are talking about riding in the rain, what all extra do you guys do after the bike gets soaked. I don't mind getting wet but I always worry that the h2o is going to mess something up on the bike.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Since we are talking about riding in the rain, what all extra do you guys do after the bike gets soaked. I don't mind getting wet but I always worry that the h2o is going to mess something up on the bike.

Lube the chain. You may have to lube cables more often if you do a lot of wet riding.

DLSGAP

Wd40 to do what it was designed for (water displacement) as soon as I get out of the rain. Then once the wd40 is dry, assuming roads are dry too, 5min ride around the block to warm up the chain, then lube it. I keep a decent coat of wax on the painted surfaces so k do a quick dry and detail clean up with Honda polish or something similar.
Then ill park in front of the fan in the garage to dry.

The bike was cleaned up and ready to go again before my gloves were dry

C

Camo

lol, it feels like it has been raining forever here! I'm not a fan of riding in the rain but it's a chance to practice being smoother.
I ride everyday, at least to work and back regardless of the weather.... There is green fungus growing on corners at my local twisty's!! Took a spin through there yesterday just to have a look but it was slippery as.

Zeitgeist

lol, it feels like it has been raining forever here! I'm not a fan of riding in the rain but it's a chance to practice being smoother.
I ride everyday, at least to work and back regardless of the weather.... There is green fungus growing on corners at my local twisty's!! Took a spin through there yesterday just to have a look but it was slippery as.

It's freaking pissing down over here in Perth man! ...and guess who thought it would be a good idea to ride to work today... Ha!

K-Gr.

400 km to go this afternoon. No sun today, rain stops from time to time. Nothing big though. Rains heavier where i'm heading. At least forecasts show so. I hate getting wet, but that is the part of motorcycling in so called "moderate" climate.

MojoRisin

WHEN I have my bike I ride to work everyday. I have 2 rain suits, I keep one at work and one at home, never know when it's going to rain.

C

calscrazy

It's freaking pissing down over here in Perth man! ...and guess who thought it would be a good idea to ride to work today... Ha!

I love perth!!! funnest time i had while in the corps was in perth...twice. good looking gals, good parties, perfect mix for good times.