FENDER ELIMINATOR TAIL TIDY

QuebecFZ8

Hello guys (and girls).

This is my first post and English is not my native language (I am French Canadian)...so I hope you will be indulgent ;)

So...here's my question, I recently purchased this item on Ebay: Yamaha FZ8 FZ 8 Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy Univ KIT Black 4T S | eBay

This will be my first modification on my 2013 FZ8 (also my first bike) and I would like to have more detail on how to install this before doing something I could regret :p

How do I uninstall the rear fender (with the stock turn signals and the licence plate light)?

Do you have any advice on connecting the new turn signals and the new light for the license plate?

Any advice on how to change the front turn signals?

Thank you in advance.

kpedro

The front turn signals can be a big pain. You might need to get adaptor plates for them. And while you're at it, you'll probably be needing a flasher relay so that the led lights aren't blinking rapidly.

HeresMyMind

The rear fender is removed by removing 4 bolts under the rear seat. there are 3 quick disconnects for the blinkers / license plate light. They are tucked between the front and rear seats. It took me roughly 20 minutes to do everything

-B

elim70

Adapter plates are available on eBay and Amazon for the front turn signals. Or u can make them like I did. Not too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpedro

Kpedro...do you have any Ebay recommendation for these parts?

Thanks again.

Like elim70 said, you could make them if you have use of a dremel or something similar. On ebay, these are a cheap alternative.
Black Carbon Stalk Turn Signal Adapter Plate Yamaha FZ8 2011 2012 2013 FZ09 2014

As far as the relay is concerned, this is a good one but a little expensive
LED Flasher Relay Slows Signal Rate Yamaha FZ6R FZ1 FZ8 FJR1300 R6 R1 Seca | eBay

There are cheaper alternatives out there.
The one that I purchased for my old bike was this one
ELFR-1 Electronic LED Flasher Relay with OEM Connector | Custom LED Again not that cheap but it was super easy to install

elim70

QuebecFZ8

Thanks guys for all the very helpful information.

Today, I received my fender eliminator...and unfortunately, while trying to install everything on my bike, I realised that there is three (3) wires for each front turn signal...a blue, a black and a brown one.

The problem is that the turn signal I bought only has two (2) wires...a yellow one and a black one??? Which wire from the bike should I connect with wire on the turn signal light? And why are there 3 wires on the bike when there is only two on the turn signal?

Thanks again.

View attachment 3810

View attachment 3811

kpedro

The 3rd wire is for the running lights. The signals you have aren't capable of doing that. That's why I went with the motodynamic ones. They have the 3rd wire, not sure what other brands have the 3rd wire

thach1130

Front turn signal have daytime running light (alway on) and the turn signal wire. Black is ground and the turn signal is either blue or brown.

So wire up your turn signal yellow->blue and black->black. Turn the bike on if it is alway on then the blue is the day time running light line. Then you switch the yellow->brown.

If the signal works as it should then we are correct that the blue is the turn signal line, leave everything as is.

Last edited:

QuebecFZ8

Front turn signal have daytime running light (alway on) and the turn signal wire. Black is ground and the turn signal is either blue or brown.

So wire up your turn signal yellow->blue and black->black. Turn the bike on if it is alway on then the blue is the day time running light line. Then you switch the yellow->brown.

If the signal works as it should then we are correct that the blue is the turn signal line, leave everything as is.

If I understand correctly, I should leave the “daytime running light” wire unplugged?

Ripemup

This forum is pretty awesome. :)
Too bad you have your rear fender eliminator already. I have a yoshi for the FZ8 i'm not using and within Canada shipping would have been peanuts!

Enjoy your new mods!

Fender eliminator that works well with tail bag?

Hi, so I use a nelson rig tail bag the usually hooks up to the stock fender eliminator and passenger foot pegs. I am looking to get a fender eliminator and keep the oem stock lights. Any suggestions on a fender eliminator that will be sturdy enough to connect to my tail bag and easy to hook up with oem lights (minimal splicing,etc.)? Thanks.

Ripemup

Hi, so I use a nelson rig tail bag the usually hooks up to the stock fender eliminator and passenger foot pegs. I am looking to get a fender eliminator and keep the oem stock lights. Any suggestions on a fender eliminator that will be sturdy enough to connect to my tail bag and easy to hook up with oem lights (minimal splicing,etc.)? Thanks.

I use Evotech's eliminator

I know there are cheaper options on ebay too.

As for tail bags, I went with an ogio which I just hook under the passenger seat. No turn signals or passenger pegs required!