Danmoto Billet rear sets

W

WARPTH

Nah not yet. gonna be fussy with my rear sets. gonna wait to see other peoples opinions first before i buy a set ;)

H

Hoover

I thought of taking them off but I think if I do. The first thing that will touch either the foot brake or the gear shifter

Pegs will still touch first. If you get your shifter or brake on the floor, I salute you. Thats some mad riding skills!!

Dusty B

Been doing some research here and there, as I also am highly interested. Seems most customers for these rearsets are pretty happy.

If you do some searching there are a bunch of write ups on other forums for bikes Danmoto previously released these for.

JSP

Administrator
Pegs will still touch first. If you get your shifter or brake on the floor, I salute you. Thats some mad riding skills!!

Just proved that this weekend! Had the feelers off and was hitting it pretty hard with a buddy and right side peg hit :D. Scared the crap out of me as I was not expecting it. Glad it did not pivot me. ;) Good thing they are hinged.

jonsey

Looking forward to reading a review :).

My rear break lever is bent and yamaha australia seem to want $90 for a new one, so seeing as the dan moto rear sets are so cheap, if the review is good i'll grab a set :).

trixster8

I got the rear sets installed and tested today. Overall impressions, well worth the money. They are very solid with pretty good machining. The heel guards are a little thin and flimsy, but I'm sure they won't break because they are real carbon fiber. They come shipped almost completely assembled, but I strongly recommend adding blue thread lock to all the screws. Danmoto does not use thread lock during assembly, I had my shift lever peg come loose while riding. And they have a solid mount to the frame, unlike the stock rear sets which have rubber bushings, so they are subject to a lot more vibration. I did notice that right away, compared to stock, you can feel the bike a lot more through the pegs. But they look and feel great.

I have mine set forward and down, which
put them right at stock location. You can adjust them back and up 20mm from the stock location. They also come with a rear brake light switch mounting bracket and spring.

Here are some comparison pics:

I did make a modification to the shift lever. DanMoto designed these rear sets so that the shift linkage arm goes outside of the frame. I decided to drill and tap a new hole in the shift lever so I could run the linkage arm through the frame hole. I think it looks a lot better and is really easy to do. The linkage arm is suppose to mount outside of the shift lever. But after adding this new mounting hole, I could mount the linkage arm on the inside of the lever and right through the frame hole. I just needed a shorter M6 screw and a washer for a spacer. Here are more pics of the mod:

C

Camo

Thanks Trixter8, I'm keen to see how these fair over time. Keep us posted as these look great:)

minja714

geez... and here i am thinking I was sold light techs... then these come along. looking pretty nice and at a crazy good price... sigh.

jumb5150

Trixster, How long did it take you to get these shipped to you ever since you ordered these? Also, was the install hard ? Besides tapping and that extra M6 screw. Also, do you think it would be hard to take these rearsets apart for re anno?

trixster8

Trixster, How long did it take you to get these shipped to you ever since you ordered these? Also, was the install hard ? Besides tapping and that extra M6 screw. Also, do you think it would be hard to take these rearsets apart for re anno?

Hey Jumb, I ordered them on the 8th and received them on the 16th, so 8 days isn't bad from China. They were easy to install, but come with just generic instructions. So you have to figure out what hardware goes where. But they do come mostly assmebled, again I'd recommend adding thread lock to all the hardware. They are very easy to tear down, so a re anno would be no problem.

I'd recommend these to anyone, for the price, you can't go wrong. I rode down to Indy yesterday with Dr. Doom. He rode my bike for a little bit and thought they felt good too.

D

Deleted member 438

Hey Jumb, I ordered them on the 8th and received them on the 16th, so 8 days isn't bad from China. They were easy to install, but come with just generic instructions. So you have to figure out what hardware goes where. But they do come mostly assmebled, again I'd recommend adding thread lock to all the hardware. They are very easy to tear down, so a re anno would be no problem.

I'd recommend these to anyone, for the price, you can't go wrong. I rode down to Indy yesterday with Dr. Doom. He rode my bike for a little bit and thought they felt good too.

I gotta say that they are just as good as any big money rear sets, and they look way better than the stock ones.

minja714

I wanna make a request, one more pic of the right side of the bike (brake side). But step back a little more so I can get a full view of the rearset and how it flows with the lines of the bike. If you dont mind? I really really want lightechs really badly but then again... these do save me 300 dollars. Also it goes against my philosophy about chinese parts being on my bike.

Also question for ya... there is no additional parts we need to buy to install these right? cause read that vortex or lightechs, i think you have to buy a new brake spring or a new brake switch to complete the install.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

I wanna make a request, one more pic of the right side of the bike (brake side). But set back a little more so I can get a full view of the rearset and how it flows with the lines of the bike. If you dont mind? I really really want lightechs really badly but then again... these do save me 300 dollars. Also it goes against my philosophy about chinese parts being on my bike.

Also question for ya... there is no additional parts we need to buy to install these right? cause read that vortex or lightechs, i think you have to buy a new brake spring or a new brake switch to complete the install.

Both the Danmoto and Gilles keep the stock brake light switch; they're plug and play.