Dan Moto XG 1 install tips needed

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
So, I dropped the stock exhaust and connected the dan moto. Didn't touch any wires. Just bolted on the new one. Its an incredibly LOUD exhaust. Love the sound when revving it, but its really too much for my ears when riding. Do they make a baffle for this exhaust?

Riding or wishing I was riding.

Welcome to the world of earplugs broski.

07cobaltLScoupe

if i recall the danmoto baffle doesnt fit the xg-1. honestly the only time the "loudness" bothers me is at prolonged highway speeds, around town i love it. if i start taking much longer trips i'll swap the stock exhaust on and off thou

YamaHammer

Wearing earplugs now.... Does anYone elses xg1 backfire and sputter allot when letting off the throttle?

MotoZen

Wearing earplugs now.... Does anYone elses xg1 backfire and sputter allot when letting off the throttle?

You probably need to look into blocking the AIS or getting your ecu flashed and tuned. I've heard that a lot of people block the AIS to minimize the popping after getting a slip on.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

07cobaltLScoupe

yes it gives off a little backfire but that's because there's much less back pressure than with the stock exhaust, i don't mind it honestly and i still get around 45mpg's even with romping on it at times.

YamaHammer

Thanks for the input. On another note, I am getting my exhaust ceramic coated!!

b-eock

No

backfire = coming out of intake

After fire comes out the exhaust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk