chain and sprocket set?

JRider

I have around 8000 miles on my bike and the noise of the chain and rear sprocket is getting kind of bad. Can't find anything listed and would like to add a couple teeth to back sprocket. Anybody know where to look?

Crazywb23

I have around 8000 miles on my bike and the noise of the chain and rear sprocket is getting kind of bad. Can't find anything listed and would like to add a couple teeth to back sprocket. Anybody know where to look?

Standard final transmission (pitch 525) for Yamaha FZ8 / Fazer 8 / ABS 2010 - 2011 (made by Afam - Belgium / Japan)

This is an Italian company, good prices. The only place I have found.
OEM Info: Pitch: 525 Links: 122 Front: 16 Teeth Rear: 46 Teeth. You might find it cost effective to get your sprockets from Red Racing and a RK chain from e-bay.

kbrink

With a -1 front sprocket, how large of rear sprocket can be put on our bikes before a longer chain is needed?

Thanks in advance!

FZER

Avid Rider
With a -1 front sprocket, how large of rear sprocket can be put on our bikes before a longer chain is needed?

Thanks in advance!

Bump, good question. I'd like to upgrade my sprockets too, mostly because I would like some more grunt on the low side and be able to get through the flat spot quicker. I don't mind some mileage loss.

Crazywb23

Stock chain length is 122 links. Easy math, -1 front +1 rear, keep stock chain length....

Any more than that in rear start adding links. Usually when you buy a chain it is longer than stock and you cut and press master link.

Last edited: