Ceramic coated headers

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
I'm lovin the blacked head-pipe, not sure I want to go to ceramic coat as my bike budget for the year already went into the red. I'd thought to do header paint but I'm afraid to ruin my Graves head-pipe that way. Mah Champagne problems.

D

Deleted member 438

All it needs is a little yellow and he's got the tech3 Yamaha theme.

F

Fazed

Time for a dyno chart? Do you feel if there is more power?

Nice job. The gold wheels have completed the look and is what Yamaha should have done, if it wanted to stick gold forks at the front.

Dom83

I heard that when you remove your header, you have to change the gasket! is that true? Sorry if this sound stupid but thinking of doing the same on mine!

JSP

Administrator
I heard that when you remove your header, you have to change the gasket! is that true? Sorry if this sound stupid but thinking of doing the same on mine!

I have reused the same gasket 1 time at least. Not had to remove more than that. Never had an issue.

Fazer401

I'm ceramic coating too...have a dumb question

Hey guys, I'm gonna be ceramic coating my header satin black next week and I have a dumb question about removal. Removal looks pretty straightforward,only thing new to me is the o2 sensor (that is the thing in the mid pipe area with a wire coming off of it right?). Even that LOOKS straightforward,but I thought I'd ask before I broke anything. It looks like I can just loosen the nut at the base of the sensor and I'm guessing slide the whole sha-bang right out? I sure appreciate the help fellers! I havent taken a header off anything new enough to have any wiring lol. Oh, I am getting the pipes done at a place in Connecticut called Shoreline Coatings...kind of a one man outfit that does powder,cerakote,and ceramic and has high standards and principles. I loked the sound of that. All told,it'll be about HALF Jetcoats price. Dont get me wrong, Jetcoat has a good rep and they stand behind their work but jeez,theyre not shy about prices- literally about double the industry rate and then itll run you $100 to ship if none is nearby as in my case. I will post pics ASAP of course!

Fazer401

Almost there...

Okay,dropped off the header today, will be done and probably back on by next weekend. Not that anyone cares, but, well, you know. Header came off super easy, o2 sensor loosened easy and threaded right out no prob., crank the wheel one way and got 2 pipes loosened,crank the other way for 2 more... Done. Took me longer to find a reliable ceramic coater that I'd trust my baby's lungs with. I'm expecting great results and seriously I think this is a lot of mod for the money... Under $200 for a clean, perfect ceramic coat on a naked bike that shows all her headers (little tramp that she is)?? How can you go wrong? I went with a satin black to exactly match the CS-1 pipe, but I think a silver would be really sharp too. Real nice guy over there @ SHORELINE COATINGS, names Trevor...if anybody's in the RI/CT/MA area give them a peek. Support small business and look good doin it!

Fazer401

DONE, check it out

All I can say is wow, I should've done this sooner. I live in a tiny little state and I couldn't find anyone close by, so I drove about an hour and a half each way to bring my headers for ceramic coating and it was soooooo worth the drive. Shoreline Coatings in Connecticut, super cool to deal with, very very reasonable prices and got them back to me in good time, and looking absolutely awesome. I dropped them off on a Sunday and they were ready Friday. I'm a perfectionist and I would use the word flawless to describe the finish. It's a satin black that's the same EXACT finish as the CS-1 pipe, so it looks seamless. And on a naked bike with the header right out there for the world to see, what a difference. I think there's a high temp ceramic silver color too if black doesn't do it for ya, I think that'd look clean on a '11 FZ. In the interest of full disclosure, I did get a discount from Shoreline, as well as some really nice stickers, and I promised in return to flaunt my pipes for you guys and generally create envy in order to inspire people to get those headers off and get them coated at Shoreline Coatings....visit SHORELINEPOWDERCOATING.COM Okay, that's my commercial...here's some pics-

DanS

Commuter
All I can say is wow, I should've done this sooner. I live in a tiny little state and I couldn't find anyone close by, so I drove about an hour and a half each way to bring my headers for ceramic coating and it was soooooo worth the drive. Shoreline Coatings in Connecticut, super cool to deal with, very very reasonable prices and got them back to me in good time, and looking absolutely awesome. I dropped them off on a Sunday and they were ready Friday. I'm a perfectionist and I would use the word flawless to describe the finish. It's a satin black that's the same EXACT finish as the CS-1 pipe, so it looks seamless. And on a naked bike with the header right out there for the world to see, what a difference. I think there's a high temp ceramic silver color too if black doesn't do it for ya, I think that'd look clean on a '11 FZ. In the interest of full disclosure, I did get a discount from Shoreline, as well as some really nice stickers, and I promised in return to flaunt my pipes for you guys and generally create envy in order to inspire people to get those headers off and get them coated at Shoreline Coatings....visit SHORELINEPOWDERCOATING.COM Okay, that's my commercial...here's some pics-
That looks awesome!

Jwood9

Looks great! i have the Cs1 and would like to do the same thing. Is there any big difference between ceramic coat and jet hot?

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
Looks great! i have the Cs1 and would like to do the same thing. Is there any big difference between ceramic coat and jet hot?

Jet Hot is a company that does ceramic coating... from their website:

Jet-Hot is more than just a ceramic coating. It’s a track-tested, commercial grade finish that boosts performance, guarantees protection and adds polish

And Fazer401 - looks great!