Ceramic coated headers

D

DJK1505

hell yeah, Im sure if he gets these type of numbers from ceramic coating there will be quite a few people coating their headers in the near future! LOL

DJ

W

WARPTH

I think yamaha suzuki and kawasaki will want this special 10hp adding coating as well....

JSP

Administrator
There is no way you will get anywhere near those numbers with a stock ceramic coated header...

Numbers comparing to others don't really mean anything. You would have to dyno it before and after the coating.

Those numbers are all marketing ploy from manufacturers. 5-10 HP is full system with no cat and a tune hp.

black8

It does sound a big increase in horse power for not a lot of money,usually to get 5-10 hp extra i would of thought a lot of head work would be involved aswell as some other mods.

Motogpmad

Quite a debate. I didn't get chance to run my bike on a dyno before i took the headers off to be coated. Its not really a cheap mod to be honest. usual cost for a full system coat is around £250. We are doing a set of drag car pipes this week. The car should be on the dyno next week sometime so should be interesting to see what the results of that are.

At the end of the day. if it doesnt make a power difference it should improve fuel economy and also take the shitty look of the ever rusting pipes on my 4000 mile bike. :)

W

WARPTH

They probably would if it wasn't such a costly process. Hence the reason they use the pipes they do.

If it was so beneficial i dont think cost is really an issue for their flag ship models.
I mean were talking a 10% power increase on a fz8 that was designed more for economy rather than power out put. With that formula in mind were talking a 200hp zx10 making 220 that kawasaki could easily pass on the cost to the consumer. I understand the relevance and benefits of keeping heat in the exhaust system for better flow. But the figures your quoting are far fetched... a turbo application with ceramic coated manifold. Now thats a different story.
But yes. It will look shit hot either way!

Motogpmad

If it was so beneficial i dont think cost is really an issue for their flag ship models.
I mean were talking a 10% power increase on a fz8 that was designed more for economy rather than power out put. With that formula in mind were talking a 200hp zx10 making 220 that kawasaki could easily pass on the cost to the consumer. I understand the relevance and benefits of keeping heat in the exhaust system for better flow. But the figures your quoting are far fetched... a turbo application with ceramic coated manifold. Now thats a different story.
But yes. It will look shit hot either way!

I did say 5-10 hp. Maybe it will be less, probably will. I'm just going on what the ceramic suppliers have told us. I'm guessing if i removed the cat i could gain maybe 5hp at the most. I should be able to post pics tomorrow of them finished. I wont get time to fit them until next week though as im away.

F

Fazed

Keen to hear and see the results. Even if it's only from a butt dyno.

A

AndyDehnRules

My headers are all coated now and ready to put back on. Hopefully get it all put together tomorrow.

Looks sick! Can't wait to hear the results. One question, though, do you need any special tools to do this? I read something about an O2 sensor wrench, but I don't know if it was on the FZ8 or another bike I was reading about. Thanks!

C

Camo

I'll just assume that is a wrench... ;) I think I have a few laying around, thanks dude!

14mm spanner ;)

D

Deleted member 438

Your bike looks amazing! I nominate you for FZ8 of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

Look pretty sweet! Nice exhaust can too... just at the wrong place...lol If I get one later this year that can will go mid ship.