can a FZ8 have full fairing for touring ?

black8

To be honest my wife is pestering me for the fazer so she can have it so i might get to keep it aswell :D

Keach

for 1 of these do a google search dont know if you are getting them over there its a 1000rr naked

Just saw it at a motorcycle show in Chicago. Awesome looking bike...but way more than I could justify spending on a motorcycle.

Keach

I am thinking a windshield and fairing would allow me to ride more hours in comfort.

There are some windscreens out there that probably give you the same wind protection as the yzf's windshield. They are easy to bolt on. I'm not sure how much good they do as I don't have one....I really don't care for how they look.

From my experience wind isn't an issue until about 70. At 55 I don't even notice the wind. If you go with the FZ8 you will want a new seat or have your seat re-padded...it isn't as comfortable as the YZF seat and it will fatigue you far faster than the wind is going to. I'm either sending my FZ seat out to be re-padded or throwing on a airhawk or gel cushion this summer for a ride I have planned.

YZF600R here and looking to move up to something with a more comfortable riding position and still that wonderful Yamaha inline 4 and less weight and bulk of a FJR1300 and it seems like the FZ8 might be a wonderful choice. My dealer is pretty knowledgeable on stock but he doesnt know much about the aftermarket mods. I am sure the FZ8 will have all power i want but what i am thinking about is a nice windshield and some fairing protection so i can stop doing the shorter rides on the YZF and do some longer rides on the FZ8 without getting tired. Also some bags for the bike that would be good as well. Yes i am very much a newby to this site and thats why i am here, to learn . Looking forward to hopefully being a FZ8 owner !

Like a couple others on here I transitioned from a yzf600r to a 2011 fz8. My comments are in line with most of the others. I have the yamaha fly screen and don't notice much wind issues at fz8 riding speeds. However i don't ride the fz8 near as fast as i rode the yzf. 70-110 is cruising speed for me on the fz8 where as i was plenty comfortable on the yzf in the 110-130 range. The yzf seat is so comfortable...haven't done anything to my fz8 seat yet but i need to and am not sure it will ever be as comfortable as the yzf. Power range though...i love it so much more than the yzf...maybe it just fits in better with my type of riding as i've gotten older but it's great. Much easier to throw around than the yzf.

As for touring screens. There are some options but all of them i've looked at are pretty hideous and take away from how great this bike looks naked. I've just decided to suck it up and live without a real screen.

yzf600r

growing on me

I must admit the naked look does start to grow on you the more you look at it, it was a little shocking at first but i can see why people like it, definitely it is a pretty macho look and i am sure more comfortable in hot weather as i ride with full safety gear and that can get pretty hot in the summer and push me onto my Seadoo. I am confused on the headlights, i see the naked headlight from the Yamaha website but when i go to twisted throttle i see some other windshield that say they do not fit the naked FZ8 only the faired ones but i dont see the fairing as a seperate item. What the difference between the FZ8 and the Fazer ? You will just have to excuse my ignorance, i have alot to learn about these bikes !

Woody146

Banned
Fazer 8 looks like fz1 but with sleeved down motor just like fz8....makes sense..rains a ton and is windy in u.k. So fairings make sense...other things like abs are a nice touch too

Keach

Exactly my experience! I've noticed the lack of fairings makes me seem like I'm going faster than if I was doing the same speed on the YZF. But the wind doesn't contribute to any riding fatigue. Now that seat...that's the last of my mods, but probably should have been the first. I'm thinking of sending it out to Dirt Road Eddie as I've heard a lot of good things and I can't imagine spending 300-400 on a new seat.

pjaco

Banned
YZF600R here and looking to move up to something with a more comfortable riding position and still that wonderful Yamaha inline 4 and less weight and bulk of a FJR1300 and it seems like the FZ8 might be a wonderful choice. My dealer is pretty knowledgeable on stock but he doesnt know much about the aftermarket mods. I am sure the FZ8 will have all power i want but what i am thinking about is a nice windshield and some fairing protection so i can stop doing the shorter rides on the YZF and do some longer rides on the FZ8 without getting tired. Also some bags for the bike that would be good as well. Yes i am very much a newby to this site and thats why i am here, to learn . Looking forward to hopefully being a FZ8 owner !

Here you go with bigger windshield and a lower fairing.
I love it.
Yamaha FZ8 Forums - International FZ8 Motorcycle Community Forum - pjaco's Album: My FZ8 2011 - Picture

schmittz

I did about 600 miles in less than two days last july. It wasn't that bad, then again, I don't care what bike you have, you'll get uncomfortable at some point. Even with no fairings, it was never really squirily above highway speeds.

blues hurler

I think it depends on the climate you live in. Here, rain and low temps are a reality for about half the year, so the fairing (and my Givi touring windscreen) are welcome additions. As are heated grips. Just need a better seat.

Mo$4FZ8

FZ8 Full Fairing? Buy an FZ1 or stated earlier buy the bar conversion for a little more upright riding position. There are clip ons that position you more up right also.

FZ8canuk

just saw your post, if you do become an FZ8 owner and are still looking for lower fairings I have a set from JMV. Had them on the bike then went to something else. I can tell you that they did channel the wind around you very well and they are very good quality. If you get the FZ8 and you still want fairing send me a PM maybe we make a deal also JMV no longer make the full fair for the naked only the Fazer8.