can a FZ8 have full fairing for touring ?

yzf600r

YZF600R here and looking to move up to something with a more comfortable riding position and still that wonderful Yamaha inline 4 and less weight and bulk of a FJR1300 and it seems like the FZ8 might be a wonderful choice. My dealer is pretty knowledgeable on stock but he doesnt know much about the aftermarket mods. I am sure the FZ8 will have all power i want but what i am thinking about is a nice windshield and some fairing protection so i can stop doing the shorter rides on the YZF and do some longer rides on the FZ8 without getting tired. Also some bags for the bike that would be good as well. Yes i am very much a newby to this site and thats why i am here, to learn . Looking forward to hopefully being a FZ8 owner !

MotoZen

There is a Fazer 8, but, unfortunately, it's not available in the states as far as I know.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

07cobaltLScoupe

i personally have never been tired but the longest i've been on the highway straight is around 60 miles or so since most of my riding is back roads. with that said though i am hoping to order Shad seats here soon because that is where my only discomfort comes from

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
There is a Fazer 8, but, unfortunately, it's not available in the states as far as I know.

It's just fairings.......
And a headlight......

Last edited:

master paper clip

I've driven about 2 hrs straight on a highway doing between 70-90 and I felt fine during the ride, u can get lower fairing to give the fazer a fully faired look

MotoZen

And a headlight......

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to like such things. Thank you for correcting my opinion on liking the bike with a fairing.

yzf600r

yep she is naked

yep, thats one of the few things i knew about the bike was that she came naked, but i want to put some clothes on her and make the looks more like the yzf. I want the ride of the FZ8 but more the looks of the YZF, I found a website overseas, JMV Concepts but i cant read what it says. Sure looks like full windshield and fairings and looks dang good to me, just an opinion

Keach

YZF600R here and looking to move up to something with a more comfortable riding position and still that wonderful Yamaha inline 4 and less weight and bulk of a FJR1300 and it seems like the FZ8 might be a wonderful choice. My dealer is pretty knowledgeable on stock but he doesnt know much about the aftermarket mods. I am sure the FZ8 will have all power i want but what i am thinking about is a nice windshield and some fairing protection so i can stop doing the shorter rides on the YZF and do some longer rides on the FZ8 without getting tired. Also some bags for the bike that would be good as well. Yes i am very much a newby to this site and thats why i am here, to learn . Looking forward to hopefully being a FZ8 owner !

I transitioned from a YZF600r to the FZ8 just at the end of the riding season last year. Still have the YZF sitting in the garage and will sell come spring. Luckily for me I love the naked look. I don't think wind will be a factor for fatigue, although the stock seat will. The headlight in my opinion does a good job of deflecting a lot of the wind. I found the YZF to be a very comfortable riding position, so I was surprised when I found out how much more comfortable and upright the FZ8 is. Your not going to get that much faster of a bike with the FZ8, but you will get a completely different riding experience. I've found that the bike feels so much better in the lower RPM range than the YZF does.

If you can get past the naked look (or come to like it), or find some full fairings for it (sorry I don't know what is available), I think the FZ8 will offer everything you're looking for. It did for me.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to like such things. Thank you for correcting my opinion on liking the bike with a fairing.

Calm yourself turbo, I was just saying it's the same bike with some different bodywork......

That was to benefit the OP.

BUT I'm technically wrong if you start talking about the UK fazers having ABS....

b-eock

I don't think he was saying anything about your opinion.

And a headlight......

He was just stating that even if it isn't sold in the U.S. as a FF bike, he could still get it fully faired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

MotoZen

Calm yourself turbo, I was just saying it's the same bike with some different bodywork......

That was to benefit the OP.

BUT I'm technically wrong if you start talking about the UK fazers having ABS....

My bad. I read it differently. I thought you were saying that it was stupid because it was faired and had a different headlight. I apologize. Carry on.

yzf600r

yep she is naked

thanks for the input, here is the link http://jmvconcept.fr/jmvconcept leader en carnage moto.vdom (sorry just another thing i stink at ) Obviviously this is s European site and part of the site is in French and part of the wording is in Portaguese . The FZ8 shown is a 2010 model when you go to look and to me makes it look somewhat like an FZ1 but that is an uneducated opinion. I came here for both knowledge and opinions. I can see where the naked look probably grows on you. I think that would be less of an issue as time went on. What attracts me mostly is the upright riding position , being able to keep the awesome inline 4 and a fairly light weight. Right now i ride very rural back roads and the more curves the better. I am 55 and if i can ride an hour without feeling like i really need to get off the bike thats pretty good. I typically ride about 70 miles with a few trips of 100. I would like to be able to ride all day or go further and be more comfortable. My main gripes on the YZF600R is the aggressive riding position of leaning forward to reach the bars and legs tucked back. I feel it in my hips and back. Seat is not that great either. I am thinking a windshield and fairing would allow me to ride more hours in comfort. If anyone can figure out whats going on in this link please let me know. I appreciate everyone who has replied to my post and look forward to actually getting an FZ8 if i can get it set up the way i want. Thanks !

master paper clip

The bike they show is the fazer 8, its the half faired version of the fz8... U can get the fairing and use it on the naked 8, I believe someone on this forum has already done this so u can see what it looks like with the fz8 headlight and just full lower fairing

master paper clip

I have a fz8 and I've riden 2hrs straight after a day long ride just to get home from the end point think the whole trip was close to 500mi... Just keep limber and don't stay in one position for more then 20min at most... The 8 is a fantastic all around bike and has never disappointed me

yzf600r

thanks i will see if i cant find it to see what it looks like. I think 500 miles is a long days drive in a Caddy, your definitely an iron butt if you can do 500 on a motorcycle ! rock on !

black8

Why dont you just put a flat bar conversion on your yzf that way you have the best of both worlds or you can buy mine

black8

for 1 of these do a google search dont know if you are getting them over there its a 1000rr naked