Brake Hose and Throttle Cable Lengths

specops13

For my 2011 American Version FZ8.

I did a search and came up empty. Some of you will hate me but I'm converting my bike to a Sport Cruiser. I'm old, have an extremely damaged back and need to sit up straight.

Does anyone have the Front Brake Line Length (I know this is easy to measure but I'm double checking myself).

Also, not so easy to measure, I need the Throttle Cable Length tip to tip too.

Any thoughts about longer direct replacements would help too..

I need to gain a few inches for my new risers..

Help, Thanks,
Dave in Florida

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
You will definatly need longer brake lines and throttle cable. I was at the max for them when i tried 1 inch risers. Did not like how the bike felt after so i took them off. When on the throttle hard and at high speed i was too upright, and felt akward leaning forward with the bars higher. Also the turning inputs changed and felt akward for me.

specops13

I have 1" risers now and it's not enough... Going for 2"...

I have a list of other mods that will be Incorporated including a Windshield.

I need the Clutch Cable Length Too... tip to tip or however they're measured...

I may be able to flip the throttle cables over to pass under so that may be a mute need...

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I'm not sure of the length tip to tip, maybe the dealer can tell you. Let us know how you like the 2" rise. Are you going straight up or up and back towards you. Did you find you had to adjust your riding style a bit with the 1" rise ,or was it just me imagining the bike didn't handle as well with higher bars, being my first bike and all.. What screen are you thinking of getting?

specops13

My other 3 bikes are upright riding positions so the FZ was Alien to me. I rode a 650 V-Strom in Ky last year. Loved the bike but hated the lack of power. Figured the FZ8 could be made perfect for me..... And, I'm working on that.:)

Dave in Florida

specops13

No 1000, the 650 was my shooting partners bike. He's got a Triumph that's pretty nice. We took a several hundred mile ride in the mountains both 2 up.

BTW: The dealers here are ZERO help on the cable and hose lengths. It would mean they'd have to do some work.

Last edited:

specops13

Time and health are holding me back from doing just that. Thought someone here may have the measurements so I can order parts and have a buddy do the swap. I've been very ill since the week before (Last October) I bought my FZ. I want to just ride it more before I croak. It has 535 miles on it right now

FZER

Avid Rider
Time and health are holding me back from doing just that. Thought someone here may have the measurements so I can order parts and have a buddy do the swap. I've been very ill since the week before (Last October) I bought my FZ. I want to just ride it more before I croak. It has 535 miles on it right now

Man are you sure you are ok? I think cables and such should be the last thing on your mind.

specops13

I'm very positive. I'm gonna do all I can to wear my bikes out before I go any where. Help me I need cable and hose lengths...:)

V

Vapordan

Cool beans. I can't help with measurements, my bike is in the shop for its first service.

specops13

Help, If I'd asked question on my Vmax Forum about my Vmax's, I'd have 50 right answers in this much time.... Anybody Aware here???????????????? Help.... Maybe I'll ask this question over there. I may get an answer, never know about Vmax Guys?????

No Harm Intended. We've been together forever there.
Dave