Brake & Clutch levers

Crazywb23

Hi guys, I am looking to find a set of aftermarket levers for my FZ8 raven. I went to order some ASV levers and they only come in blue. Is anyone out there got any suggestions, or using anything off a different year FZ??? Thanks

Crazywb23

thanks,

Thanks for the help, the tech I talked to the other day @ the local shop was a not so helpful. Now I can get some ordered... :D

Jordan

Those RideIt levers look to be well made... I haven't fitted mine yet, but just looking at them in the box I'm impressed.

minja714

i dunno who said r6 levers would fit but they dont, fml... but i love pazzo now that i felt them in my hands. its pazzo or nothing for me now. im gonna have to save up =(

H

Hoover

Mine arrived today. Only 4 days after ordering. Not bad from H Kong.
They are good quality and fit well. The throttle one has a little bit of play but not noticable when riding.
They came with a free set of shiny grips. Not so sure I will be using them so if someone wants them, I'll let them go cheap.

hypo

I got a question... Short or Long?

I have a levers question, more based on use and length than where you can get them...

I've always had stock levers, so they're full length. I know that some people like the shorter levers, and I guess that I probably don't use the last inch or two inches on the fulls, but I'd like to hear what people think about shorter versus longer levers?

anything good about shorter ones? or longer ones?

Crazywb23

Sport bike Racing Parts-Performance Sportbike Custom Levers,Rear sets,Billet Mirror,Sport bike Accessories fz8 is listed, it is just kind of far down
i just ordered gold on gold on gold folding adj levers for 110. a tip over turned ebay lever into a 1 1/2 finger lever. research shows same levers on 2005-2011 r6 2004-2008 r1 if that finds you any deals on older levers out there

I recently did some research regarding the R1/R6 levers fitting, as they do not. The master cylinder and clutch perch are different. Our bikes use the same clutch and brake levers from the 2004-2008 FZ1. I ordered the Vortex twist levers for the R1 and had to send them back in exchange for the FZ1... The issue is the mount layout, when I receive the (about a week) I will post some pics... Good place to start though :) That's the fun of owning a new model year bike, trial & error........ Hope this helps

minja714

I know a guy that is doing a group buy on asv levers soon. I'm trying to work out the deal so the foot dials won't cost so much.

Call up Dave and tell him Min sent you at Ocsuperbike.com. he hooked me up with a carbon fiber Yoshi

mckshred

ASV C5 Shorty levers

Just received my set of ASV C5 Shorty Levers today! Black with Gold adjusters. Installed in 5 minutes and voila! They are sweet. :D Have a pair of Straitline shorty levers on my mtn. bike so I know how much a good set of levers can improve your bikes ride and feel.

The shorty's actually reduced the regular stock lever lengths almost in half.
Brake Lever
  • Stock - appx 8.5"
  • ASV C5 shorty appx. 4.5"

Brake

Clutch Lever
  • Stock - 7.5"
  • ASV C5 Shorty - 4.75"

Clutch

Last edited:

hypo

sweet. do you feel a big empty space there now? I've never used shorties and I'm thinkin I will. :)

mckshred

Just wondering where old stock parts go to die....rear fender and turn signals, clutch & brake levers ??? I guess it's a nice problem to have and I should be thankful!:) So when does all this 'upgrading' stop?

hypo

HA! So I had a cruiser before my FZ8 and when I sold it to the girl who bought it, she got a HUGE BOX of shit that came stock on that bad boy. I keep all my stuff in a cardboard box broken out between my wifes and my bike, so if we sell, we pass on the stocker goodies as well. My stock rear plate/rooster stripe preventive plastic booger peice from my FZ8 is hung on my wall to hold our visor bags and catch rags if I throw them up there. ;)

H

Hoover

I too keep all the bits in a big ass Rubbermade. If I sell the bike, they will go with it. If I trade it in, the bike will go back to stock and I will sell all the goodies on here to you lot :D:D:D

lothodon

Super Moderator
Update for my 2012 levers. I have a spare set of "once gold" long levers with black adjusters that will be sold shortly...

lothodon

Super Moderator
i would say faded is a much better term. the "paint" which was "anodized" has faded on both the gold and the black. i was looking to get them powder coated but decided new levers were cheaper.