Brake & Clutch levers

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
I just bought me a set of black and gold shorty levers from eBay (at a whopping €23 incl postage;)) and I'm wondering how to go about installing them.

These are what I have. Have bought 3 sets in total. Have em on my Triumph and 2 sets for my FZ-8. The first ones had really thin anodizing so I ordered a second set from a different place and they look much better. The second set though had the wrong size insert on the clutch side so I used one from the first set. They work great though!! and they are fold up and length adjustable.

Fazer401

JPR performance

Im loving these, black shorty's with gold clickers. My only complaint is the brake side was tight and needed to be sanded to return, and the manufacturer was kinda like oh well, sand it....no biggie. Be aware, in case you have tiny little paws, the clutch side will not engage/disengage fully when adjusted too far in, apparently its the same deal on most/all adjustable levers. Fit and finish is very nice, time will tell how well they wear. I believe they were about $80/ set on eBay, somewhere in that ballpark.

FZER

Avid Rider
Just a quick note to everyone the ASV "gold" is more burnt orange if you ask me. I doesn't match the gold shocks at all. I'm returning the "gold" ones and getting all black.

rysyndrome

I just got a set of Ebay levers in black. The brake side fits really nice but the clutchside is sloppy. seems the bushing that is pressed in has too large a diameter for the bolt that holds it on. I wish I could press it out and put the oem bushing in its place. Not sure thats possible tho. Will probably have to return the set. :(

Jwood9

Im looking at the adjustable ride it levers... Any input or other brands to look at? Im looking to spend 150 max and i want adjustable length so i can play around with them.

H

Hoover

Im looking at the adjustable ride it levers... Any input or other brands to look at? Im looking to spend 150 max and i want adjustable length so i can play around with them.

The Ride-it levers are good value for money. Mine went on no problem. However, some have had a few problems with them binding up a bit. The biggest issue is they fade.
If your bike spends a lot of time sitting in the sun, they will fade quite quickly. Mine are a much lighter gold now than when they were new. Which, as it happens, I prefer!.

S

Shock

Hi guys, I am looking to find a set of aftermarket levers for my FZ8 raven. I went to order some ASV levers and they only come in blue. Is anyone out there got any suggestions, or using anything off a different year FZ??? Thanks

LOVE my Pazzo levers highly recommend

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
These are what I have. Have bought 3 sets in total. Have em on my Triumph and 2 sets for my FZ-8. The first ones had really thin anodizing so I ordered a second set from a different place and they look much better. The second set though had the wrong size insert on the clutch side so I used one from the first set. They work great though!! and they are fold up and length adjustable.

So as an update after a few months the levers got really sloppy. No amount of tightening or adjusting the hardware helped. As I was fiddling with them I noticed there was a little bit of drag on the clutch side and discovered that the slop was allowing the clutch cable to rub against the inside cut-out of the lever. Kind of hard to explain but I will try to get some pictures. Long story short my clutch cable was hanging on by a thread! Seriously it was chewed about 60% through. I immediately parked the bike and ordered Pazzo levers and a new cable. That being said I have had the Chinese ones on my Triumph for years without any problems at all.

Replacing a clutch cable on our bikes is kind of a pain BTW not a fun way to spend a night. I found removing the tank and airbox made it a ton easier.

Motogpmad

I just got a set of Ebay levers in black. The brake side fits really nice but the clutchside is sloppy. seems the bushing that is pressed in has too large a diameter for the bolt that holds it on. I wish I could press it out and put the oem bushing in its place. Not sure thats possible tho. Will probably have to return the set. :(

I had the same problem mate. I bought Titax levers. They were for the R1 but i was assured they would fit the FZ8. I ended up having to put an extra bush in the clutch lever as it was also really sloppy. Lucky i had a small piece of tubing that was exact internal and external dimensions. Just had to file the end down so it allowed the lever to slide into its holder.

TBH it pisses me off, suppliers promising things will fit and then they dont. Seems to happen more and more nowerdays. Kinda "that will do" attitude.

B

bren

i bought levers on ebay for $35 and they are awesome.

Me too. Had no issues with my cheapies. Mind you, we did need to file the stock bush a fraction to get it into the new clutch lever. Only a fraction tho.