Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on your FZ8?

Gus

If so, what kind? Also, can you just put an aftermarket exhaust without taking the catalytic converter off? Is an aftermarket exhaust bad for the bike in any way? If so, what kind of modifications are needed to fix the problem?

FastZ8

If so, what kind? Also, can you just put an aftermarket exhaust without taking the catalytic converter off? Is an aftermarket exhaust bad for the bike in any way? If so, what kind of modifications are needed to fix the problem?

Yeah pretty much everyone on here has one. You do not need to remove the cat nor do you have to modify anything if you are just using a slip on like most,.pretty much just bolts right up. It wont hurt the bike it it may lean the fuel mixture but your bikes computer will adjust it's self to compensate for it. Either that or you can get a power commander and adjust it yourself.

Last edited:

Bill

Not yet , just got the bike , but going yoshi, I think it sounds the best , at least for my liking , can u really go wrong with any of the good stuff , nope u can't
Enjoy the bike

9 Lives

+1 on the Yoshi, had the DM carbon GP, was too loud for me even with the baffle. Bought the Yoshi R77D and what a difference not only an excellent sound just right in my opinion but the fit and finish is 100% better. You do get what you pay for. If anyone around the Edmonton AB Canada area that wants a DM carbon GP just PM me and come by my house and you can have it for free.

Last edited:

FZ8Panda

Yoshi for Life, have a Yoshi on both bikes

+1 on the Yoshi. Has the best sound imo. Not too loud and not too quiet. Just right. Had a Yoshi on my 250 also. Quality and finish is top notch. Plus, you can find deals on eBay. :D

No need to take off the cat unless your doing a full exhaust system. Slip on's are just bolt ons. It won't harm your bike. FastZ8 explained it perfectly.

Last edited:

Marthy

A lot of slip-on options out there... all depend what of your needs. The CAT kind of limit the gain and even if you bust it the flat spot at mid range is still there. Been proven before. I have a mid ship exhaust with a Danmoto slip-on (like black8 but shorter) Look nice and perform well.

I don't really have a nice pic on this computer... but do a search.

DSmith

Love my 2bros. I think it matches the style of the bike very well especially the gold accents. Can be a little loud without the baffle but I usually ride with it in. I dont have a PCV or anything and the bike runs fine btw.

Last edited:
I went for the Two Brothers carbon slip-on and couldn't be happier! Also If you have the 2013 FZ8 the stock exhaust heat guard wont fit with the two brothers (unless they have updated it since I bought mine) you'll have to get a stock 2012 heat guard.

Last edited:

Marthy

yosh here cant beat the quality

i use the Yosh R-55 on the FZ09, really like the look and sound! Is this what I think it is!!!!!!!!!!! RD350 :wav::wav:

A friend of mine us to have one back in the days. I rode it few time... that was a fun and quick bike 0-100 MPH!

Last edited:

Akra.... All day every day. Mine is a slip on.

FZ8Ryder

i use the Yosh R-55 on the FZ09, really like the look and sound! Is this what I think it is!!!!!!!!!!! RD350 :wav::wav:

A friend of mine us to have one back in the days. I rode it few time... that was a fun and quick bike 0-100 MPH!

Awesome looking bike Marthy! Never thought the FZ-09 could look so bad a$$. Thanks for posting the picture.

Marthy

Awesome looking bike Marthy! Never thought the FZ-09 could look so bad a$$. Thanks for posting the picture.

Thanks a lot. The bike as a lot of potential. Just need to get it out! LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk