Any Harley Owners?

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I can't resist this thread. Opinions are like bum holes. Everyone has one, and nobody wants to hear yours. But, since we're on the topic of HD opinions: They are very pretty bikes. They are comfortable when you get into a long road trip. They do pretty well on gas, considering the size of the engines. They have low efficiency for making power. They cost too much new (but can depreciate rapidly if you find the right sucker selling one). They tend to be extra noisy. If you get 40k miles out of the engine before a complete rebuild, you've been lucky. But, the undeniable fact is this: If you want the feel and sound of a Harley, you have to buy a Harley. There is no substitute. I think that's where their appeal lies. There is no Harley except Harley. I won't buy one for me, but there is no sense in downing someone else's opinion if they want one. If I bought a cruiser, there is a Star with a liquid-cooled V4 that seems pretty interesting. Takes away the vibrations and adds power and reliability, but still gives the look of a big v2 cruiser.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I agree: No other manufacturer seems to be able to closely copy the Harley Davidson. Honda tried with the single pin crank a few years ago, but the rest of the bike was too much plastic to fool anybody except total novices.