Any Harley Owners?

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Anyone have one? I've always wanted one and my wife wants to cruise with me. The 8 not big enough,so soon to be shopping for a street or Electra glide.
Leaning towards the street glide. Yea I know I'm jumping on the band wagon say what you want but I think they are beautiful bikes and No I've never seen sons of anarchy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RnR

I've owned three Harley's. If you're taking a passenger the Street Glide is not the best option. Road King, Classic or Ultra Classic gives better passenger comfort. Big Electra Glides are different ride, they are far from nimble. But with some practice they can surprise - see the "Ride Like a Pro" videos. Have to admit Harleys are a lot of fun to ride. You can rent them just about anywhere. That's a good way to test before laying down a big chunk of change.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I've owned three Harley's. If you're taking a passenger the Street Glide is not the best option. Road King, Classic or Ultra Classic gives better passenger comfort. Big Electra Glides are different ride, they are far from nimble. But with some practice they can surprise - see the "Ride Like a Pro" videos. Have to admit Harleys are a lot of fun to ride. You can rent them just about anywhere. That's a good way to test before laying down a big chunk of change.

Thanks, I plan on a couple rental days, those video riders are very good. only reason leaning to the street glide is the looks and a riding 2 up would be occasional. knowing my wife I doubt see would go much, but wanted that option.

SpunkyTheTuna

I've owned Harleys almost forever. I like them for what they are, or I suppose for what I can make them be. I owned a Street Glide for awhile and it was fine for two-up but it was a pain in the butt around town cuz it was so doggone big. In my experience all Harleys are starter kits, no matter what state or condition they're in. A Harley for casual two-up rides and an FZ8 for more, mmmm, assertive use would probably be a nice combo. Planning on completing one of the two hogs in my garage to be able to do just that.

A new Harley is way overpriced, IMO. Often you can pick up a used low-mileage Harley from a dentist or an accountant that's gotten tired of dressing up like the guys who took his lunch money in high school pretty cheaply. You'll have to peel off all the LiveToRide/RideToLive crap, but that's easy.

Then you can do this with it:

Or, you know, not.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I've owned Harleys almost forever. I like them for what they are, or I suppose for what I can make them be. I owned a Street Glide for awhile and it was fine for two-up but it was a pain in the butt around town cuz it was so doggone big. In my experience all Harleys are starter kits, no matter what state or condition they're in. A Harley for casual two-up rides and an FZ8 for more, mmmm, assertive use would probably be a nice combo. Planning on completing one of the two hogs in my garage to be able to do just that.

A new Harley is way overpriced, IMO. Often you can pick up a used low-mileage Harley from a dentist or an accountant that's gotten tired of dressing up like the guys who took his lunch money in high school pretty cheaply. You'll have to peel off all the LiveToRide/RideToLive crap, but that's easy.

Then you can do this with it:

Or, you know, not.

Yea I've been looking low mileage used and damn I can buy new for what they want.
These are definite money pits with the amounts of mods available and damn expensive I might add !
Keeping the fz8 so I can have best of both worlds
Ty for The reply

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

SpunkyTheTuna

HD - "Converting gasoline into noise without the annoying side effect of horsepower".

Not always. The bike I pictured has a 113" S&S engine and has been dynoed with 125 lbs/ft of torque and 119 hp. Lots of fun with a foot clutch and a hand shift.

C

Camo

Never ridden or lusted over a Harley but if I was in the market for a cruiser, I'd be on one of these in a heartbeat!
Thunderbird Storm | Triumph Motorcycles
Rode one earlier in the year and secretly enjoyed it haha. Though it was setup as a single seater. It gets up and boogies, has good ground clearance for what it is and handles pretty well on my local twisty's.
Sounds great too.

H

Hoover

This is an interesting thread. I know that " to ride is to ride" and we are all in the same club. But isn't that a bit like saying "I'm a gear head and love NASCAR, but Formula 1 sucks"?
I love bikes, cars, boats, planes...***** anything with horsepower that trips my trigger. I do however, hate the click clubs.
Why did that middle age bloke in a Harley vest get out of his Lexus at our pub the other night and tell me how good his Sportster is...
Wanker.
When it comes down to it, it is personal choice. I ride my 8 because it looks/feels good and was chicken shit cheap. I ride with several HD riders because they are my friends. They know I dont care for their bike and they dont care for mine. Doesnt matter to me.
However, I will never own a big lardy, bad handling, ancient noisy, decrepid, Wisconsin based dinosaur....
:box:
Bring on the abuse...:tup:

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
This is an interesting thread. I know that " to ride is to ride" and we are all in the same club. But isn't that a bit like saying "I'm a gear head and love NASCAR, but Formula 1 sucks"?
I love bikes, cars, boats, planes...***** anything with horsepower that trips my trigger. I do however, hate the click clubs.
Why did that middle age bloke in a Harley vest get out of his Lexus at our pub the other night and tell me how good his Sportster is...
Wanker.
When it comes down to it, it is personal choice. I ride my 8 because it looks/feels good and was chicken shit cheap. I ride with several HD riders because they are my friends. They know I dont care for their bike and they dont care for mine. Doesnt matter to me.
However, I will never own a big lardy, bad handling, ancient noisy, decrepid, Wisconsin based dinosaur....

I don't have a problem with it. ;)

C

Camo

Wanker.

:rof:
Mate, I think I love you:D

SpunkyTheTuna

It's a matter of horses for courses. Friend of mine summed it up nicely. He was on his ex-police Harley and a guy on a sport bike came up next to him at a traffic light and asked him if he wanted to race. My friend told him he'd race if he could choose the course. Suggested that they race from here (in Florida) to Los Angeles and back. Funny how the guy on the sport bike didn't want to do that.

Horses for courses. Bigots of all kinds suck. Bike brand/type/ethnicity/nationality/race, all kinds of bigots suck.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Wanker.
I would imagine most of us feel the same way, their are some things I would not ride/drive but a harley isn't one of them.
I Would NOT drive a Smart car!:eek:

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
I'd drive a Smart if they let me stuff in an old VFR800 engine first.

Back on topic, I rode an Electra standard for a couple of years and have been considering a Soft-tail deluxe for a piece now

D

DJK1505

Not always. The bike I pictured has a 113" S&S engine and has been dynoed with 125 lbs/ft of torque and 119 hp. Lots of fun with a foot clutch and a hand shift.

Lets see you use any of that power!!!!!! Except for pulling a trailer or making it up a hill, or in a straight line. And all that power doesnt mean sh*t when you have a passenger on! Descent bikes, just not my cup of tea. I have a Buell XB9, gave it to my little sister, have a 2000 Softtail raked, dropped, with the 1550 kit, no fun. If you like riding around town, makin a shit ton of noise, and not really going anywhere its for you. So many other bikes out there, cheaper, much better ride, much better quality for what you are looking for. Dont get me wrong, harley's are descent made bikes, just over priced and the majority of people riding them these days are a bunch of weekend fags!! Look at a touring bike, triumph has some nice bikes, BMW (you can get a few year old BMW for less than a Harley), Yamaha FJ is a descent bike, a lot of better options out there my friend.

DJ