2013 FZ8 COLORS?

bayou bo

ANYONE HAS WIND OF WHAT YAMAHA (USA ) WILL OFFER FOR COLOR OF 2013 FZ8 ? I AM CONSIDERING 2012 MATTE FINISH BUT MAY HOLD OUT IF NEW COLOR APPEALS TO ME.

rug_burn

I'm not a big fan of the matte finish either. I'd like to see them return to the gloss metalflake black-

Lee_533

I have the 2012 with the matte finish. I like it and get a lot of compliments on it but I wish they would release the european colors. I would have gotten mine in white or a green if they had it. But still, considering my favorite color is black I'm still happy with my buy. I'm not sure if they will change anything in 2013 due to the fact that they are not popular here in the states. I talked to my Yamaha rep and he said that they are not really selling that well. If they stop selling them like Suzuki did with their SV650, I'll be pissed.

C

calscrazy

i was told same thing about sales. i don't think it gets near the marketing of the other bikes. plus the middlewieght market is saturated. everybody makes a naked middlewieght it seems.

FZER

Avid Rider
i was told same thing about sales. i don't think it gets near the marketing of the other bikes. plus the middlewieght market is saturated. everybody makes a naked middlewieght it seems.

There goes the aftermarket....Get your PCV while you can.:mad:

Lee_533

There goes the aftermarket....Get your PCV while you can.:mad:

Well, I don't think it will kill the whole FZ line. FZ8s seem to be popular in other countries so aftermarket parts may just have to be ordered from there. I would imagine that the FZ6 or FZ1 PCV would work after tuning it but I don't know. I plan on buying and PCV and Autotune soon anyways. Who else is making a middle weight naked? I know Triumph and Ducati do, but I though that was it. Suzuki killed their naked line, and Kawasaki has a half fared bike but it's an adventure bike.

V

Vapordan

Sad. We should prop up sales by getting a second FZ8! I know I know that is a dumb-ass comment but I'm disappointed...

Hereward

European market for nakeds is HUGE........Kawasaki 750 and 750R the Triumph street triples then the Suzuki Gladius, Honda are in there with the ever popular Hornet 600 and of course theres the Italian stuff and even BMW.........All of them putting out around the 100bhp. Problem? ahh well, the F8 is about the most expensive of the lot of them, and is not as popular as the street triple.......or as the Z750R............
Current climate dictates people are swayed heavily on price and currently Yamaha are being critisized heavily for ALL the bikes in there range in the european press subesquently marking them down in reviews.............bit of a catch 22. will the F8 be fazzered out? (sorry for that) doubt it, the 8 is the replacement for the 6 and is yamaha's model in the 600-800 mid range market. It is the bigest sector in europe (thus every manufacture has a bike for it) F8 is one of the more expensive modles but certainly comes out in the top group regarding spec and performance. It'll be around for quite a while, I like the fact there's not many about, if I wanted to ride what everyone else has in the UK then I'd have a triumph, excellent bike but not a fan of the looks.

FZER

Avid Rider
Another benefit that I've found with the matte finish is it's very scratch resistant. No clear coat to f-up.

Mrpacis

Another benefit that I've found with the matte finish is it's very scratch resistant. No clear coat to f-up.

It's not as scratch resistant as you think. My jacket zipper grazed the tank a little and now it has a scratch :(

FZER

Avid Rider
It's not as scratch resistant as you think. My jacket zipper grazed the tank a little and now it has a scratch :(

Yep, my boot caught my tail section not long ago too.. Damn 13's! If my feet were correct for my height I might have been a track star. Slightly tall hobbit.:D

FZEE8

Yep, my boot caught my tail section not long ago too.. Damn 13's! If my feet were correct for my height I might have been a track star. Slightly tall hobbit.:D

But at least you have a big pecker though right? Or so goes the theory... :D

rajdR

Well, I don't think it will kill the whole FZ line. FZ8s seem to be popular in other countries so aftermarket parts may just have to be ordered from there. I would imagine that the FZ6 or FZ1 PCV would work after tuning it but I don't know. I plan on buying and PCV and Autotune soon anyways. Who else is making a middle weight naked? I know Triumph and Ducati do, but I though that was it. Suzuki killed their naked line, and Kawasaki has a half fared bike but it's an adventure bike.

Kawasaki z750

Black Widow

Avid Rider
There is a Matte grey on the showroom floor at The Yamaha dealer here that has been sittting since April, i am surprised it has not sold all year, the 8 is a great all around commuter, and fun to rip aroung the twisties. Sure the suspension is really soft, but that doesn't bother me. I hope the bike sells so there will be another to ride with here.