2012 FZ8 lots of extras $7000 obo

White Rider

+1
When I got my first bike, my partner thought she was missing out and went out and got herself a new Triumph Bonneville se!
We now tour together and have lots of fun.
With the right woman, this is possible.

Stand up to this woman, tell her you're keeping the bike and see what happens.
Sometimes a woman needs her man to be the man (if you know what I mean).
With a new approach she might become the woman you need.
Otherwise, don't be afraid of new beginnings. There are a lot of good people out there.
Join a local bike group...meet new people (women) who like to ride (yes double meaning intended)
Put a price on yourself, you deserve ALL the happiness life can bring.
Good luck and stay strong FZER.

mrthompson

You feel the release of pressure because you have released the stress of keeping her happy. I've been through it to. Mine was more in dept. Kids and house. We did work out a lot and get back we together but we still have problems from time to time.

You really need to lay the situation in front of you and weigh the pros and cons. Give it a week and repeat. If things are the same. Go with that choice. Hardest part is to lose the history. But remember that is what makes you, you. Use those years as a guide to your next relationship or current and this time make sure your both happy. It is all about 100% from both people.

As for the bike, keep it. If you sell it you lost money and enjoyment. Bike are like a good dog. They listen well and can clear your head and put a big smile on your face. If it doesn't do that for you. Sell it.

FZER

Avid Rider
Yeah, her Mom who is absolutely crazy, this isn't me just having mother-in-law issues, she is crazy. One of those types who blames everyone else about everything and she's never wrong it's always everyone else. She says she hate it here in GA, so one day about a year ago I got tired of hereing how everyone in Georgia is stuck up and ext and I told her about it and told her to take her ass back to Pittsburgh. She flew off the handle and I haven't talked to her since. The stupid bitch gave my wife a two page letter dogging me, making all sorts of false accusations, and disowning my wife. I haven't done anything to her Mom and I think any parent that would say they are disowning her only child is nuts. However my wife knows better than to share our problems with her, but she did it again, and of course her Mom gets completely stupid. In the letter she theaten to spit in my face if she sees me in public. It's all I can do to not call the police for terroristic threats, hell it's in writing. I have put my big boy pants on now and I'm just sort of waiting for my wife to work though some things. I have been seriously thinking about getting an apartment, paying my truck completely off, and possibly looking into a 2012 ZX14. There's a Macon GA chapter of the Ruff Riders, but not many more riding clubs around. I don't know if they would let a white guy in the group, but I did contact them. Thanks for everyone's listening ears.

mrthompson

That is a ruff group and them boys can get you in trouble. Just fyi. Then again I'm more of a loner. So I can get myself in to enough trouble.

Zx-10 is faster.

V

Vapordan

you know i hate to put it like this but we all got our shit to deal with. i guess that's why there are so many comments on this thread. life is not easy. add another personality to the mix and that's where it gets interesting. and let's leave it at that.

FZER

Avid Rider
That is a ruff group and them boys can get you in trouble. Just fyi. Then again I'm more of a loner. So I can get myself in to enough trouble.

Zx-10 is faster.

Yep after futher investigation I will not be trying to become a Ruff Ryder. I'm definiately to soft for those guys, much like I would be too soft for the Hells Angels, and ext. The lone wolf thing sounds really good right now. Build up my sport touring equipment and camp at national or state camping sites over a long weekend and such.

How safe do you guys think a tent and basic camping supplies would be if I set up camp and go riding all day? Slip someone close a $20 to keep an eye on my stuff while I'm gone?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

You should just pack it all up and that way you can stop whenever and wherever you'd like.

FZER

Avid Rider
you know i hate to put it like this but we all got our shit to deal with. i guess that's why there are so many comments on this thread. life is not easy. add another personality to the mix and that's where it gets interesting. and let's leave it at that.

Yeah, I don't think I can deal with getting rid of the bike. I grew up riding and lived within walking distance of a honda dealership when I was little. I have always wanted a sportbike my whole life, course as a youngin I absolutely think staring at KX80 (kawasaki) started puberty for me. I can just remember how awesome that bike looked seeing that tiny rim in the back with such a wide super knobbing tire. Funny how that bike looked so big then and how small it looks today. As I got older I would have given my left, well you know, for a CBR600. Those crazy paint schemes in the 90's were just awesome.

mrthompson

Yep after futher investigation I will not be trying to become a Ruff Ryder. I'm definiately to soft for those guys, much like I would be too soft for the Hells Angels, and ext. The lone wolf thing sounds really good right now. Build up my sport touring equipment and camp at national or state camping sites over a long weekend and such.

How safe do you guys think a tent and basic camping supplies would be if I set up camp and go riding all day? Slip someone close a $20 to keep an eye on my stuff while I'm gone?

usually when i go camping i don't have a problem with people messing with stuff. usually its the animals i worry about. lol you best bet is cruse around and find some campgrounds you have thought about staying at and talk to the park rangers. they will always give you and idea of how things are in the parks.

main thing with camping is not to leave valuable things at the site. yeah your camping gear is valuable but not likely to walk off un noticed. most campers keep an eye our for each others. mostly like the motorcycle cycle community.

this is something i really look forward to doing also. just have to work it out with where the kidos are gonna go.

FZER

Avid Rider
Zx-10 is faster.[/QUOTE]

I think if I went with a literbike I would have to have the R1 based upon the absolutely awesome sound of the newer motor/cam profiles. I'd get the ZX14based strickly on reviews of the more comfortable riding position than the Zx-10, R1, GSXR1000, and the beemer, plus oh my god the 2012 green blaze paint is amazing. Don't get me wrong I like my FZ800, but I am a little disappointed with the power dip and it continues to bother me more and more. Course the ZX14 could easily be described as a widow maker but I'm pretty good at keeping the demons of stupidity at bay. I was able to ride my gsxr750 without too many power related issues and it didn't have traction control and a slipper clutch.