Youtube find

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Found this on youtube

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fV64fALSc0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link may not work... try this.

here

alexk

Weekend Rider
Re-linked for convenience - found by DaKow

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV64fALSc0E"]Yamaha FZ8 KTM RC8R - YouTube[/ame]

This is a wonderful example of how skill trumps power.

The KTM 1190 RC8 R is a whomping 173hp and a gigantic bag of torque, but the rider is consistantly choosing poor lines.

The Fz8 rider is choosing MUCH better lines, makes it look leisurely, and the KTM just can't manage the pass.

Skill. I needs more.

alexk

Weekend Rider
The videographer is taking some pretty terrible lines around the course, but with the extra power and handling his superbike has, he's able to hang with the fz8.

I doubt he could complete a pass without wrecking after - witness the only place he seriously gained on the 8: the tiny straightaway. By the time he'd have completed the pass, he'd have been deep into the breaking zone for turn 1.

Disclaimer: zero track time on a bike. Over 100 hours of track time in a cage, including Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca / Mazda Raceway, Sears Point / Sonoma Raceway, Thunderhill, California Speedway / Auto Club Speedway, Nurburgring Nordschliefe, plus passengering at A1 ring / Red Bull Ring, Saltzburgring and Pahrump / Spring Mountain. I'm by no means the best, but damn do I have stories...