your votes and opinions

jess24845030

Hi after another slide today on my stock tyres.
Even thought they only have 2000 miles on them they have to go .

To be honest i seem to be down to 2 . first i have used before on a few bikes which are Michelin pilot powers but am thinking they are quiet old tec now .

the next are the new pirelli diablo rosso 2 , now i have never had pirelli before and i think these are supposed to be pure road tyres .

so taking into account i dont commute to work on it and only take it out for fun granted a few longer road trips would the michelin still not be the better tyre .

not 2 fussed if i only get 3000 miles out of a pair .

your thoughts please guys especially if you have used both .

Marthy

All depend what you're expecting from your tires. I use Continental Conti Motion and I'm very happy with them. Not a track tire but never had a moment with them. A very under rated tire in my opinion. The best part about them, the price. Best bang for the buck!

White Rider

Yes Michelin pilot powers are old tech (oldies but goodies) in my humble opinion.
I have them on my Ducati Supersport 1000, 2nd pair. Great stickiness and even better in the wet. Not too bad in the longevity department either.
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas on my FZ8, 2nd pair. Another great tyre. Best suited for hard out cornering. Makes the FZ8 handle better than it should. yes, overkill but wow.
I tour on both bikes and I think the Michelin is better suited for that, doesn't get squared off so fast. I might even put these on the Yammy next!
If a deal comes up for Michelin 2ct roads, might even go that way.
As they say, you have to try them out for yourself. I don't think you can go wrong with these kind of tyres. A huge step up from the stock ones!