Your Pride & Joy... Currents pics with list of Mods

Mrpacis

Uhhhhh I want my suspension to show up. I have all black forks and a gold brake res coming. Should really change the look up. As soon as I get them installed I will post up recent pics.

Shit I have had the bike for 15 months now and just rolled 16K miles this morning. Will end up having to do my first valve check this winter. I think the manual says 26K. I will most likely have that on it before next summer. Hopefully something will break next summer and force me to break down the engine, this will make me bore the cylinders out and make it an actual 800!!!! LOL

DJ

The manual says 26k for but some mechanics are telling me it's best to check it before. Maybe cos I told them I ride everyday. He recommends me to get it checked at 18 -20 k

D

DJK1505

I was thinking around my 18K or 21K oil change I will do a good change and check. by then I will have all my suspension done and ready to do something else. Thanks for the heads up!

DJ

Leorenzo

My mods

Just the basic mods, leo Vince exhaust, targa fender eliminator,swing arm spools, front and rear led spear shape signals, rizoma knock off mirrors (if I can afford the real thing I would), wheel strips, 4 led license plate light (very bright) and givi windscreen. Future mods - gold levers, powder coat rims gold, power commander, block ais, hid xenon retrofit, lower cowl, rear seat cowl, carbon fiber rear hugger, carbon front fender, new rearsets, black bars and so many other things to list. I just wanted to get the bike to my satisfaction and make it my own.

Guillaume

Just the basic mods, leo Vince exhaust, targa fender eliminator,swing arm spools, front and rear led spear shape signals, rizoma knock off mirrors (if I can afford the real thing I would), wheel strips, 4 led license plate light (very bright) and givi windscreen. Future mods - gold levers, powder coat rims gold, power commander, block ais, hid xenon retrofit, lower cowl, rear seat cowl, carbon fiber rear hugger, carbon front fender, new rearsets, black bars and so many other things to list. I just wanted to get the bike to my satisfaction and make it my own.

Those are trippy signals, I like them!

BLAZEX09

Commuter
My 8: yamaha rad guard and frame sliders, just because I got them cheap. R&G fender eliminator, Imola CNC bar end mirrors. Not much yet but eh, I haven't even owned it a month yet.

Edit: since bar end mirrors seem quite popular for our bikes just thought I'd show off mine a bit more, these things or pricey but worth it. engraved with the FZ8 logo (or basically anything you want) and they fit the OEM bars without modification, I had to add a washer on the throttle side just to keep things from binding but other than that just removed the stock bar weights and bolted these on. I got them here link

Last edited:

Gary

Bar end mirrors

I just received the same mirrors in the mail. Mine have Yamaha printed on them instead of FZ8. They are great looking mirrors. Installation was easy. I didn't need a washer on the throttle side, no binding. When I saw your mirrors on your bike I ordered them right away, got them in a couple days.

F

Fazed

Mine with 27kms on the clock

Mine as of today

Last edited by a moderator:

badupski2004

My 8: yamaha rad guard and frame sliders, just because I got them cheap. R&G fender eliminator, Imola CNC bar end mirrors. Not much yet but eh, I haven't even owned it a month yet.

Edit: since bar end mirrors seem quite popular for our bikes just thought I'd show off mine a bit more, these things or pricey but worth it. engraved with the FZ8 logo (or basically anything you want) and they fit the OEM bars without modification, I had to add a washer on the throttle side just to keep things from binding but other than that just removed the stock bar weights and bolted these on. I got them here link
Did you actually remove the stock bar end weights or just the stock bar end? On the stock handlebar, the weights actually sit inside the bar. Did you remove the guts from your handlebar in order to install your bar end mirrors? If so, how did you do it? I have a pair of Oberon Street Fighter Bar End Mirrors that I just purchased and will most likely return because the Oberon bar end requires at least 3 inches of hollow handlebar in order to install properly. Look forward to your response.

Guillaume

This is just to get a thread full of Pics and Mods to give each other some inspiration...

DynoJet Power Commander V
DynoJet O2 Optimizer
LeoVince SBK GP Pro EVOII Slip-on Exhaust (Black Powder-Coat coming soon)
R&G Racing Fender Eliminator
Motivation Frame Sliders
Wrapped Pipes
LED Blinkers
Tomok Mirrors
Scorpio i1900 Alarm
Shorty Levers

** Oops forgot a couple...
K&N Filter
TechSpec C3 Tank Grips Set

Hey Jbomb,

I'm looking into wrapping my headers as well. Do you have any tips on doing this? Which wrap did you use and how is it holding up?

Thanks

beefcake morris

Tbr exhaust
Passenger delete peg
Exhaust hanger
Seat covers
Razoma blinkers
Razoma sliders
Integrated tail light
R&g fender elim.
Razoma mirrors

Jbomb

Hey Jbomb,

I'm looking into wrapping my headers as well. Do you have any tips on doing this? Which wrap did you use and how is it holding up?

Thanks

Hey, I just ordered some wrap off Amazon... 1"x50' the Black ends up looking Grey...
Make sure you soak it for a short time first... about 12.5' per header I found to be the perfect length... got 2 of the rolls and I ended up with about 10' or so left over after using it to wrap the rest of the pipe back to the clamp for the slip-on. I started at the top of the header... going down then after a few wraps i secured the top with stainless zip-ties. wrapped them until there wasn't enough room for the wrap to fit between the headers and merged each side together and secured each side separately. Then picked up with the rear starting at the end of the headers and making sure it was tucked under and secured good so 150 MPH winds wont get it unraveling on me and started wrapping back. Finish it off folding the tip to a point and zip-tie it down... be prepared to get dirty.. lay on the ground and have tired arms! wrap it as tight as you can get it... it'll shrink a tiny bit as it dries so it'll get tight as shit.

PS... don't jump on your bike after a long night of drinking and ride off a curb large enough to scrape your headers.. It leads to repeating then entire process! oh and you may get a small dent from the curb hitting hard enough to rip off the wrap... luckily, the wrap will cover it up ;) :2cents:

Guillaume

Hey, I just ordered some wrap off Amazon... 1"x50' the Black ends up looking Grey...
Make sure you soak it for a short time first... about 12.5' per header I found to be the perfect length... got 2 of the rolls and I ended up with about 10' or so left over after using it to wrap the rest of the pipe back to the clamp for the slip-on. I started at the top of the header... going down then after a few wraps i secured the top with stainless zip-ties. wrapped them until there wasn't enough room for the wrap to fit between the headers and merged each side together and secured each side separately. Then picked up with the rear starting at the end of the headers and making sure it was tucked under and secured good so 150 MPH winds wont get it unraveling on me and started wrapping back. Finish it off folding the tip to a point and zip-tie it down... be prepared to get dirty.. lay on the ground and have tired arms! wrap it as tight as you can get it... it'll shrink a tiny bit as it dries so it'll get tight as shit.

PS... don't jump on your bike after a long night of drinking and ride off a curb large enough to scrape your headers.. It leads to repeating then entire process! oh and you may get a small dent from the curb hitting hard enough to rip off the wrap... luckily, the wrap will cover it up ;) :2cents:

Thanks for the tips! There was a kit I was looking at on Amazon. I still need to work on some other stuff on my bike before I get to it but it's coming up.
I'm probably going to look for another pipe. That stupid Danmoto sounds awesome but it's just way too loud. I ride as if there was carrying a cop on the passenger seat...