Yoshimura r77 vs Vance and Hines sound?

HeresMyMind

I loved everything about my yoshi pipe, but the vance and hines looks visually much better on the bike, does anyone have a comparison on sound notes / volumes?

-B

Bagman

Both sound great! It's all subjective anyways given we're listening to you-tube videos on various speakers or headsets. I'd suggest the R-77 will be slightly louder, and the CSONE will have a bit deeper tone overall. Both are quality pieces. If you go carbon fibre for the R-77, know that it will "yellow" or "brown" over time (specifically near the exhaust exit).

If you have narrowed it down to these two then I would highly recommend you go by three criteria for this purchase: Price, Looks & Sound. Rank sound as #3 - because, you know damn well whatever you choose you'll end up thinking it's amazing.

HeresMyMind

I had the R77 before and really liked it, i think the perfect noise volume would of been between it open and with the silencer. is the vance and hines a bit quieter? I love the look, and the price doesnt affect me. I even thought about the R77D

-B

Bagman

I have the R77-D. Love it. After one season with it the tip of it (CF) is beginning to yellow. I too debated between it and the CSONE. I opted for the R77-D, because of it's larger size, and figured the CF version would keep the can dark in colour. To me, I really like the look of the stock muffler. Firstly, its matte black finish works well with the bike's other various black bits and exposed engine. I also think the stock can's girth (short length, and 'double' height) play on the bike's muscular, beefy angles and appearance.

Perhaps someone who has heard both can chime in, but I would suspect the CSONE to be somewhere between the R77-D and the R77.