Yoshimura r77, how loud?

moto873

Today I took off my muffler just to get an idea of the sound of my bike, I love the sound with no exhaust, but It's just too loud. I really like the looks of the r77 and I'm curious as to how it compares to an open exhaust.

Teslank

well in quebec with my R77 it equals a 162 canadian dollar ticket because it is too loud :)

BUT i juste SOOOO love it :)

Bagman

Compared to an open exhaust, it's more quiet. lol. I can't think of any way to really answer your question properly. There are lots of YouTube videos of R77s on Fz8. Watch and listen. I have the R77-D and I am very happy with it, because it's not overly loud - especially while cruising at highway speeds where excessive noise could get HORRIBLY ANNOYING! lol.

The R77 is louder, and I'd say would be a pretty could tone and noise level. I am sure there are louder exhausts, but I can only think those people generally just bum about their towns and make noise as a statement.

Take a look at the Vance & Hines CS-1 Blackout too.

Shorted

I installed my R77 2 months ago and I absolutely love everything about it. I think the sound level is perfect. It sounds mean but not too loud that it becomes annoying IMO. It does come with a silencer that I have not even tried it yet, but you can use it if you think is too loud. You will not regret it.

Teslank

as tu deja contester un ticket a cause de ton exhaust?

non je sais que je suis coupable d'utiliser un slip on non legal sur la route, alors je paye :), mais jai hate qui sorte la nouvelle loi avec lutilisation des sonometres

bpassmore8

Love mine. I run without the baffle and couldn't imagine it being too loud to get a ticket when Harleys are as loud as they are. It is just a nice, deep tone but you will hear it at high rpms. I decided to get it after watching youtube videos as another member mentioned. If you are in Richmond, CA and ever make it down to Concord, let me know and I can ride into work that day if you want to hear it

Last edited:

9 Lives

I have the R77D and have the same opinion about sound, just right. The cops have never bothered me out here in Alberta but they may be more strict in Quebec.

blott

I enjoy mine w/baffle in (neighbors Happy) and idiots in cars can hear u with a little twist.

moto873

Love mine. I run without the baffle and couldn't imagine it being too loud to get a ticket when Harleys are as loud as they are. It is just a nice, deep tone but you will hear it at high rpms. I decided to get it after watching youtube videos as another member mentioned. If you are in Richmond, CA and ever make it down to Concord, let me know and I can ride into work that day if you want to hear it

Unfortunately I'm in Richmond Illinois! Haha

moto873

Thanks for all the responses! I watched almost every video and I think I'm gonna go for it. Just gotta get some $ set aside.

moto873

The cost of the carbon is holding me back a bit. I may just get the stainless and powder cost it if Really want a black pipe. I don't care about the carbon fiber, just the color. Lol

Nemo

The cost of the carbon is holding me back a bit. I may just get the stainless and powder cost it if Really want a black pipe. I don't care about the carbon fiber, just the color. Lol

the two bros one is cheaper and carbon ! sound awsome too

Keach

Unfortunately I'm in Richmond Illinois! Haha

Hampshire IL here. My parents have a house on the Chain o Lakes. As a kid I got a go-kart from a true value in Richmond..good memories....what does this have to do with your thread...nothing lol. Congrats on your exhaust purchase. Btw bunch of Midwest fz8 riders will be at this in Wisconsin this weekend

AHRMA Vintage Motorcycle Classic & Rockerbox Motofest | Elkhart Lake's Road America, Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atrinh

one thing I know for sure, compare to my Monster 796 w Termi, the fz8 R77 is a lot more quiet :D. R77 isn't too loud on fz8

bpassmore8

Sound of R77 on FZ8
I posted a quick video to hopefully get an idea of the sound. When the wind hits the GoPro it is hard to hear but if you listen closely it should give you an idea. I think it sounds awesome

Umyaya

Sound of R77 on FZ8
I posted a quick video to hopefully get an idea of the sound. When the wind hits the GoPro it is hard to hear but if you listen closely it should give you an idea. I think it sounds awesome

That actually sounds real sweet. I had a Yoshi on my CBR. Do they make full systems for the FZ8? I ran no muffler when I was putting on my full exhaust. It was cool maybe for the first lap around town.. but I can't imagine that on a ride..