Yoshimura R77 Carbon Slip-on

MrPantmann

Just installed a Yoshimura R77 Carbon Slip-on. Sounds og looks great.

F3NIX

I have the same...looks and sounds awesome. I get lots of compliments :)

Sent from my phone

F3NIX

Hey guys, is this much lighter than the stocker?
Thanks
BIGO

Honestly i didnt install it myself...had the dealership do it. But i would imagine its got to be lighter that stock. I went carbon fiber because i wanted it to blend in with blacked out look of the bike.

AlCab

Honestly i didnt install it myself...had the dealership do it. But i would imagine its got to be lighter that stock. I went carbon fiber because i wanted it to blend in with blacked out look of the bike.

Why would you deprive yourself of the pleasure of installing that beautiful piece??

F3NIX

Lol. I didnt install it because I bought at the same time I bought my bike. I had my stock pipe on my bike for 3 days :)

Sent from my phone

ZeeKdaGreeK

Got a good question for you guys, I have the same exhaust and I love it but I was thinking of getting new headers, anyone no what system works well with the yosh?? I'd love suggestions. Havnt seen anything online about it.. Id love to get them ceramic coated a nice black to match the bike before I put them on..

Shorted

I've had my FZ8 for 6 months and I have to say... that will be my next mod on my bike. Looks awesome!

Ryandi2

Great mod!! i love mine.. i also get alot of compliments on the pipe.. i think its the perfect level of sound. loud but not over the top.

kazechen

Nice pipe.

I have recently change to R77-D, it looks nice but after changing the pipe, when I release the throttle (deceleration), the pipe start poping. I am not sure what cause the'back firing' on the pipe. Do you have this problem as well?

thach1130

You need to block off the air induction system (AIS). It's the thing right behind the radiator. You need some AIS block off plate. That system inject air into the exhaust to burn off unburnt fuel. The stock muffler suppress the sound so you barely hear it but now that you have the slip on it is letting the sound through.

BMXkruzer

What's the DB level on this bad boy? I fairly certain I'm going to to go with this slip on but I don't want it to be the only thing I hear while I'm riding.

fzjix

Nice pipe.

I have recently change to R77-D, it looks nice but after changing the pipe, when I release the throttle (deceleration), the pipe start poping. I am not sure what cause the'back firing' on the pipe. Do you have this problem as well?

I personally love the popping!!!

MotoZen

do the AIS blocking and all of the pooping will go away. I have an R77 and i have blocked my AIS.

I hate when my bike is pooping. It makes such a mess in the driveway. :D

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

master paper clip

I wish I could get my poping back, I tried a different method of disabling my ais... I tried to just disconnect it from the wiring harness so I could be lazy and not open up the air box and shit, but I ended up pulling te wires out the connecter. Ended up having to open the bike up anyway, u can get block of plates, or get a smal wooden dowl, 2 small hose clamps and a vaccume cap, just pop the tank, open the air box, remove te velocity stacks, and on the underside of the air box there is a hose on the left, take that off plug it with the wooden dowl and then put the vaccume cap where the hose was connected to, button every thing back up and your done, 30min and about 5$ in supplies, or spend the 30 on the plates and remove the whole system, both methods accomplish the same goal