Yoshimura R-77D vs Vance and Hines CS One Blackout

adams614

Pillion
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these exhausts over the winter.

Price is about the same and I think they both fit the look of the bike almost perfect. I'm leaning towards the V+H just due to the flat black color.

I know plenty of people run both exhausts any opinion either way?

Would both require a remapping?

Last edited:

cxa0897

Both look great, both should sound great. I've heard the yoshi on an r6, not quite an 8 but close enough, and it sounded beautiful. Neither should require a remap, the ecu should be able to adjust for it without issue.

decooney

I have the V&H, and have owned several different Yosh exhaust on my bikes. Both sound great with their own signature sound, and you cannot go wrong with either, but my decision was to do a metal can vs. a carbon fiber one for heat-durability reasons. Read some posts on the carbon fiber units. I called Yosh and they did confirm my concerns for longer term use.

[]V[]addog

I have the V&H, and have owned several different Yosh exhaust on my bikes. Both sound great with their own signature sound, and you cannot go wrong with either, but my decision was to do a metal can vs. a carbon fiber one for heat-durability reasons. Read some posts on the carbon fiber units. I called Yosh and they did confirm my concerns for longer term use.

good point,
black out is probably a few bucks cheaper as well.

Nstr_FZ8

Have you seen the Coffmans?

I was going to get the V&H too. But then I saw the Coffmans and I just fell in love. also its waaaaaay cheaper :) ....

Either way... youre good buddy ;)

decooney

Have you seen the Coffmans?

I was going to get the V&H too. But then I saw the Coffmans and I just fell in love. also its waaaaaay cheaper :) ....

Either way... youre good buddy ;)

Wow, those little Coffman's mufflers make some noise, even with the quiet insert installed. My V&H with db insert makes about 1/2 as much noise.
Those shortys are they way to go if you wanna make some noise! I think I'm getting old, even the video hurt my ears. ;)

video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5CK1W5baPA]FZ8 with Coffman's muffler. Large diameter sound suppressor. - YouTube[/ame]

adams614

Pillion
Wow, those little Coffman's mufflers make some noise, even with the quiet insert installed. My V&H with db insert makes about 1/2 as much noise.
Those shortys are they way to go if you wanna make some noise! I think I'm getting old, even the video hurt my ears. ;)

video: FZ8 with Coffman's muffler. Large diameter sound suppressor. - YouTube

I'm not looking for a straight pipe sound. I installed a Danmoto Carbon GP exhaust and I think it is going to be too loud. I installed it just before the winter. I do want a deeper tone than the stock and I think both of these exhaust would get me that.

I'm leaning towards the V+H. Thanks for the input guys.

decooney

I'm not looking for a straight pipe sound. I installed a Danmoto Carbon GP exhaust and I think it is going to be too loud. I installed it just before the winter. I do want a deeper tone than the stock and I think both of these exhaust would get me that.

I'm leaning towards the V+H. Thanks for the input guys.

If you like that deep throaty wooshing sound that's not overly loud, you will like the V&H CS One or the Yosh R77 unit. I like the V&H but also like the deep smooth sound of the Graves slip-on too. The Graves is a great price too, well made, FYI.

Nstr_FZ8

Well. On that video they removed the suppressor... I just installed mine, and it is waaaay less loud than I had imagined... But i still love it...

decooney

Well. On that video they removed the suppressor... I just installed mine, and it is waaaay less loud than I had imagined... But i still love it...

How is that again? The guy says right in the video he removed the baffle that came from his FZ6 muffler and "reinstalled the baffle/supressor that came with it for the FZ8 muffler". And, looking at the video, it appears to be installed but who knows, I don't, just thought I heard him say it differently. If that has a baffle/insert installed, I can't imagine how loud it is with it out.

adams614

Pillion

Have you heard a Danmoto in person to compare the sound to the Marthys? I've got the Danmoto installed and I'm thinking its going to be too loud.

By far this pipe is the best looking Shorty pipe but I'm worried it will be a bit too loud.

I'm going to add it to my short list of the V+H and Yoshi.

towert7

If you want a somewhat quite exhaust with a nice deep sound the akrapovic will certainly get you there! My hunch says it probably sounds like the yoshi.

Even with the dB killer removed the muffler is very quite.

A video showing the muffler, riding around for a few minutes, and a review of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmlQD_yqnyc

Last edited:

F3NIX

Hands down I like the R77 carbon. My buddy has the V H and it does have a deeper throatier sound...slightly. but the yosh rolls off better and I think the carbon fiber look is better. Realistically are you going to keep your bike long enough4 and put enough miles on it to see a difference in the can?? Thats just knit picking.

Sent from my phone