Yoshi R77

Bigman32hockey

I am considering purchasing a Yoshi R77 slip-on to replace my stock exhaust. When I purchased the bike I bought an extended warranty with it. The service guys have told me time and time again that any mods I make to the bike will void the warranty. They also told me that if I put a slip-on exhaust I 100% need to get a Power Commander, JuiceBox, etc. I'm not looking for performance gains. I simply want some weight savings, better looks and better sound. Can someone tell me with certainty that I can put this new exhaust on the bike and run it without re-tuning. I want to purchase it but not if it's gonna blow the motor or cause huge issues with the service guys. Thanks.

master paper clip

I am considering purchasing a Yoshi R77 slip-on to replace my stock exhaust. When I purchased the bike I bought an extended warranty with it. The service guy told me time and time again that any mods I make to the bike will void the warranty. They also told me that if I put a slip-on exhaust I 100% need to get a Power Commander, JuiceBox, etc. I'm not looking for performance gains. I simply want some weight savings, better looks and better sound. Can someone tell me with certainty that I can put this new exhaust on the bike and run it without re-tuning. I want to purchase it but not if it's gonna blow the motor or cause huge issues with the service guys. Thanks.

Both are not true, your warranty can only be voided if what u did to the bike can be proven the cause of the problem, so if u have an electrical short they can't void the warranty if u put a muffler on, also u don't need any tuner for a slip on.. On any bike, almost all modern efi systems can adjust to compensate for an exhaust and new air filter because there such common mods, the pcv is really just a tool to take full advantage of the performance mods u do to the bike, but its not required.

H

Hoover

I am considering purchasing a Yoshi R77 slip-on to replace my stock exhaust. When I purchased the bike I bought an extended warranty with it. The service guys have told me time and time again that any mods I make to the bike will void the warranty. They also told me that if I put a slip-on exhaust I 100% need to get a Power Commander, JuiceBox, etc. I'm not looking for performance gains. I simply want some weight savings, better looks and better sound. Can someone tell me with certainty that I can put this new exhaust on the bike and run it without re-tuning. I want to purchase it but not if it's gonna blow the motor or cause huge issues with the service guys. Thanks.

Complete bollocks

Bigman32hockey

Cool! Thanks guys. That's what I was hoping to hear. I really love the sound of the R77 on the bike. Think I'll go ahead and make the purchase. I'm not gonna get the Power Commander. Seems like the possibility for warranty issues might be greater once you get into something like that. I can always put the stock exhaust back on if needed before bringing bike in for service. Thanks again!