Yosh - stainless or carbon???? R77

[]V[]addog

I can't decide! I think the yosh pipe fits our bike perfectly. I like them both for different reasons.
Stainless sticks out from a black bike a little. I like that.
Carbon looks so sleek and under the radar.

I also have to decide to go r77 or r77d!

First world problems need help to! Ha ha what would you guys decide?

HeresMyMind

Id go with carbon i think its a good match for our black bikes. I got a titanium 2brothers because of a good deal so the dark grey looks good on it too.

-B

Woody146

Banned
If your bike if glossy..go chrome or stainless or whatever...if you have a matte finish...go carbon....I haven't heard the d on a fizzer..but they don't sound too good on a gsxr..the 77 however sounds pretty damn good in my opinion

tzortn

Pillion
I love the look of carbon and would have liked to keep it black but I went with stainless after hearing a lot of stories of carbon yellowing. If I ever rebuild the can I will probably have it powder coated flat black.

Bagman

I am rocking the Carbon R77-D on my Blue Fazer8. It was an easy choice to go carbon, because I like the entire blue/black/gold colour scheme of the bike. It was also a simple choice to go with the R77-D. Why?

I didn't want anything obnoxiously loud, because (though it is fun to be loud) it can get tiring fast (especially on longer trips). I also wanted something beefy and similar in style to the stock exhaust. The Fazer8 has a lot of chunky, hexagonal angles, and the R77-D (or CS-ONE and Mivv's Suono) are the only slip-ons that (IMO) continue that overall style. The stock exhaust is also a good, 'stubby' length. The R77-D's added height helps give the illusion of 'stubby.'

popeye

I have the r77d with just the carbon end.
I went for that because carbon cans seems to dry out after some time my carbon end has gone yellow b4 but a good clean n polish and its back like new!

[]V[]addog

So… are people getting yellowing on yosh cans? I thought they were of the highest of quality…
I don't want to spend 500 bucks on something that isn't going to look great.

bpassmore8

i have a very slight amount on the end of it. the canister seems to be fine. i have 3,500-4,000 miles on it

Woody146

Banned
I have the r77d with just the carbon end.
I went for that because carbon cans seems to dry out after some time my carbon end has gone yellow b4 but a good clean n polish and its back like new!

What are you using to clean it? My buddies is yellow as shit and it pisses him off.

It may be high quality carbon..but what about what's cleared over it?

[]V[]addog

I will be honest, all this talk of yellowing in making me want to go stainless instead. I have the 2011 shiney black model fazer so I think it would still match.

popeye

What are you using to clean it? My buddies is yellow as shit and it pisses him off.

It may be high quality carbon..but what about what's cleared over it?
I use gt85 better than wd40. or simons diamond hard wax or both cleans it right off with no problems.

9 Lives

I have the stainless R77D on my Blue Fazer and it really sets off the bike. I think I would go with the CF if the bike was black though. I love this pipe, just the right sound for me, not to loud for cruising but when you open her up it lets out a good bark. According to Yoshi The D is 3db quieter. You can add a baffle to the R77 but not the D just FYI if that makes any difference.

Last edited: