Yamaha LEDs, belly pan and tail tidy installed

Speedo007

Today was the big day. Yamaha LED blinkers, belly pan, center stand, and tail tidy installed. Here are quick pictures I took and a video of the blinkers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs253RAl9UU"]YouTube- blinker.wmv[/ame]

Overall very satisfied. The tail tidy is tidy but I'll need some shrink wrap to finish cleaning up the wires that are still visible. The blinkers are quite visible, I'd say the big difference is the stock blinkers are more visible sideways, the LED ones are more visible when looking at them from the front or from behind. There's some LEDs that have leds on the tip, which would make them safer for different angles, all in all though, they are very bright and look great, and as you can see they flash just slightly faster then stock which also helps to get attention.

The belly pan looks good though feels a bit cheap for the price. Now if I can just find some good looking mirrors I'll be happy with the bike as is for this year :)

Last edited:

mano1192

Those blinkers look really nice! I came close to ordering them myself, but decided to go with some Rizoma's. Where did you get the rubber grip on the tank from?

bambam

That looks great, I am starting to set my bike up now and really like those front blinkers. Being new to bikes, are the turn-signals universal, or do I have to look for something that specifically fits the Yamaha FZ8?

I got the R&G Tail Tidy, Pezzo levers and snakeskins but looking to remove the signals from the front and rear. I don't see any specific parts that match the FZ8 for lights and signals.

Thanks, --B

Speedo007

I think you just need a resistance (which comes with the Yamaha LEDs kit) so that they blink. Pretty sure most LEDs you'll find will fit the Fz8.

skinfear

centrestand

how was the install?2012 Fazer8 at dealers,many acc.orderd dealer wants$300 to install,hope i can do it myself.

Speedo007

how was the install?2012 Fazer8 at dealers,many acc.orderd dealer wants$300 to install,hope i can do it myself.

When I bought my 2011 FZ8 last spring they dropped the price by 1000$ and included installation of all the accessories (they do make a nice margin on accessories, so if they charge you 300$, and don't want to lower the price, I'd try shopping at another dealer and see what there's willing to do to get you as a client). I've bought many new bikes, and at Triumph too, they would either give me a 10% discount on accessories, or install them free of charge.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
When I bought my 2011 FZ8 last spring they dropped the price by 1000$ and included installation of all the accessories (they do make a nice margin on accessories, so if they charge you 300$, and don't want to lower the price, I'd try shopping at another dealer and see what there's willing to do to get you as a client). I've bought many new bikes, and at Triumph too, they would either give me a 10% discount on accessories, or install them free of charge.

Your bike is tastefully done and almost identical to what I want to do when I get mine very soon. I am gonna stick a Givi smokescreen as well.

Speedo007

Thanks, though those pictures up there aren't completely up to date. Here's what it looks like today:

Still hesitating sometimes to remove belly pan to go back to naked look...but otherwise quite happy with the bike :)

Last edited:

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Thanks, though those pictures up there aren't completely up to date. Here's what it looks like today:

Still hesitating sometimes to remove belly pan to go back to naked look...but otherwise quite happy with the bike :)

It looks tight man. Leave the belly cowl (or sell it to me of course ;))

Do you have a mods list somewhere?

Speedo007

No list nowhere I guess I can put it here :) (for the belly pan I'll let you know if I decide to sell it)

Yoshimura stainless R-77
Yamaha LED blinkers
Handle bar mirrors off ebay (4.99$)
Michelin Pilot Road 2
SW-motech side bags
Snakeskin tank grips
Yamaha belly pan
Yamaha center stand

The mirrors and blinkers are definitely the first upgrades I did really changes the looks a lot.

Last edited:

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
The mirrors and blinkers are definitely the first upgrades I did really changes the looks a lot.

Absolutely. Bar end mirrors on my 92 Honda CB750 it made a big difference. (along with a mild cafe racer handlebar of course)

Speedo007

Yeah I can rarely stand the stock big bunny ear mirrors on motorcycles. I think only Ducati puts enough thought in them to make them look good stock.